Arkham Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Heath Johnson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
So I may be the luckiest guy in the world. My good friend just gifted me Arkham Horror along with...Dunwich Horror, Kingsport, Innsmouth, Black Goat, King in Yellow, Lurker at the Threshold, and Curse of the Dark Pharoah expansions (it was quite a few boxes). I have just one problem... the person who owned it before him clearly played with ALL these expansions together, because everything is mixed within all these boxes (all common items together, all encounter cards together) etc. I need to get these sorted again if I have any hope of playing. Does anybody have suggestions on how to go about resorting these into boxes? Thanks guys,

Luckiest Guy Ever
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Smith
United Kingdom
Pimlico
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jerakees wrote:
So I may be the luckiest guy in the world. My good friend just gifted me Arkham Horror along with...Dunwich Horror, Kingsport, Innsmouth, Black Goat, King in Yellow, Lurker at the Threshold, and Curse of the Dark Pharoah expansions (it was quite a few boxes). I have just one problem... the person who owned it before him clearly played with ALL these expansions together, because everything is mixed within all these boxes (all common items together, all encounter cards together) etc. I need to get these sorted again if I have any hope of playing. Does anybody have suggestions on how to go about resorting these into boxes? Thanks guys,

Luckiest Guy Ever

Quite a windfall

I recently undertook this exercise and can offer you some pointers on this long and daunting quest :

- All the cards and player mats have expansion symbols on them in the bottom right hand corner.
- If you search on here there is a pdf which lists which monsters came in each expansion (because they don't have symbols helpfully).
- Everything else should be listed in the instruction book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crusher Joe
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Congratulations! I don't envy you the sorting you'll do, but it does mean getting your hands on everything and learning what they all are, at least the stuff that's new to you. You'll be combining the elements to create the game you eventually want to play, so you've got a lot of shuffling and separating ahead of you as you enjoy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eðvarð Hilmarsson
Iceland
Reykjavik
Reykjavik
flag msg tools
Cthulhu whispers to me when I sleep......
badge
Cthulhu whispers to me when I sleep......
mbmbmbmbmb
I use this list

http://www.arkhamhorrorwiki.com/Monster

to sort out the monsters (its nice since you can click to sort them).

Not everyone sorts their monsters, but I find it more thematic, since the balance of monsters is different depending on what expansions are running.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to save some work, it is not strictly necessary to separate out the small investigator cards (allies, items, spells... all the cards that size); you get a very small payoff in theme for using them expansion by expansion.

Likewise, all the Investigators and Ancient Ones can be used together, as can all the monsters.

The decks which are important to keep sorted are the Mythos Deck and the Other World Encounter deck; the Arkham Encounters decks will affect theme if not sorted, but work pretty well mechanically all together.

Congrats on your score... and on having a very fine friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Johnson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Wow, thanks for the quick replies. I've got the cards sorted and back in their boxes. Using the symbols was huge. Now I've got some reading to do. I've played the base set quite a few times and I've played the King in Yellow expansion but that's it. Thanks again guys, appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate you...

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.