Reid Delfeld
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I participated, and somehow won, a Regional tournament at Mothership Games in Austin last night. The tournament director posted a very nice report. Included is a breakdown of the factions and objectives used. There is also a video of the semi-finals and finals.

http://www.mothershipatx.com/news/154-tournament-report-star...

Here are the deck lists:

4th Place: Jim D.

Sith

Fall of the Jedi x 2
The Emperor's Web x 2
Counsel of the Sith x 2
The Heart of the Empire x 2
Reconnaisance Mission x 1
Cruel Interrogations x 1

Jedi

Forgotten Heroes x 2
The Secret of Yavin 4 x 2
A Hero's Journey x 2
A Journey to Dagobah x 2
Jedi Training x 2

3rd Place: Matt B.

Imperial Navy

The Ultimate Power x 2
Death and Despayre x 2
Lord Vader's Command x 2
Reconnaisance Mission x 1
Kuat Reinforcements x 1
Defense Protocol x 1
Imperial Command x 1

Rebels

The Rebel Fleet x 2
Fleeing the Empire x 2
Draw Their Fire x 2
Hit and Run x 1
Mobilize the Squadron x 1
The Defense of Yavin 4 x 1
Mission Briefing x 1

2nd Place: Scott S.

Sith

Fall of the Jedi x 2
Counsel of the Sith x 2
The Emperor's Web x 2
Killing Cold x 2
Looking for Droids x 1
Shadows on the Ice x 1

Jedi

A Journey to Dagobah x 2
The Defense of Yavin 4 x 2
Mission Briefing x 2
The Rebel Fleet x 2
Hoth Operations x 2

1st Place: Reid D.

Imperial

Lord Vader's Command x 2
Defense Protocol x 2
The Ultimate Power x 2
Death and Despayre x 2
Imperial Command x 1
The Endor Gambit x 1

Rebels

The Rebel Fleet x 2
Mobilize the Squadrons x 2
Fleeing the Empire x 2
Hoth Operations x 2
The Defense of Yavin 4 x 2

Thanks to Derrick for hosting a great tournament.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! It's nice to see that some Rebel pods were played, and did well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks for sharing this. 4th place LS looks a lot like my Jedi deck, and 2nd place LS looks a lot like my Rebel deck. Good to know successful people have the same deck thoughts that I have.

There are a lot of single copy objectives in the top decks, which is interesting to me. I haven't mastered the art of putting only one copy of an objective into a deck, it's a difficult decision for me to make.

BTW, did everybody get a prize? I'm curious to know how many alternate affiliation art cards there are in a Regionals Prize kit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reid Delfeld
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
I believe everyone got a prize. There was play mats for the top eight, alternate art cards for everyone and a box as the last place "Balance" prize. Second and third place got coins and I got a trophy.

Here's a link with a picture of the prize kit: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/organized-play...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Egan
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Great watch thanks.

I commented on the Youtube page but I'll ask here. Was the a reason you didn't use your Repair Droid to fix up Rogue 3 on your opponents turn? Or just good ol' tournament fatigue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reid Delfeld
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, I probably just forgot to use the repair droid because I was tired. We didn't start until 5:00 pm so it was after midnight during the finals.

If anyone else is interested, here's the direct YouTube links to the videos. I had no idea the hosting FLGS had a Twitch recording setup. Getting to see my first tournament victory immortalized on the Internet was a nice bonus. I'm just glad I didn't make any bigger mistakes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Egan
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
5pm start time? That's a bit odd.

How did you find the elimination scoring, for all intents and purposes your opponent in the finals was finished after the first game because of your strong tiebreakers?

To be fair he lost the tournament on the first turn of the first game when he sent both fighters together with only Vader available to you.

Also any issues with only doing a Top 4? Were there players missing the cut based on tie-breakers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reid Delfeld
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
If both dark sides win in a match, the tiebreaker is the total number of objectives destroyed. This gives a big advantage to Imperial decks, which specialize in getting their points through blowing up objectives. You're right in that after winning with Imperials in the finals, I had almost assured victory since it would be tough for my opponent's Sith deck to destroy three objectives. I didn't know that at the time, unfortunately.

There wasn't any issues with just having a top 4. One player had 12 match points and three had 11 points so tiebreakers weren't needed to determine the top 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Egan
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Rodigee wrote:
If both dark sides win in a match, the tiebreaker is the total number of objectives destroyed. This gives a big advantage to Imperial decks, which specialize in getting their points through blowing up objectives. You're right in that after winning with Imperials in the finals, I had almost assured victory since it would be tough for my opponent's Sith deck to destroy three objectives. I didn't know that at the time, unfortunately.

There wasn't any issues with just having a top 4. One player had 12 match points and three had 11 points so tiebreakers weren't needed to determine the top 4.

We had 18 and did a Top 8 which worked out neatly. Had we done a Top 4 we would have had to cut one of the 3 players with 12 points.

2 of my rounds of elimination resulted in my opponents scooping early second game because they couldn't catch up on tie-breakers. I don't like that aspect of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.