5 Posts

Mage Wars Arena» Forums » Variants

Subject: Very Successful Multiplayer Game (4 Players FFA) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alfredo Gomez
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
Last nigt we had our first 4 player game of Mage Wars! It was actually our first play and it was a Blast!

We were all new to the game so it was kind of slow to start playing it but once we played a few rounds it was amazing.

Our game lasted around 2 hours because we set it up to finish as soon as one mage was destroyed. The winner was the one who destroyed that mage.

I know some of you might think that it can be chaotic and maybe some players can go against one and beat him up but well, that didn´t happen in my game group. It was a close win actually.

If you ever happen to have a chance to play this with 3 or 4 players, I'll suggest you to give it a try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bey
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in hearing more details as to how the gameplay went... did it turn into two separate 1:1 battles on each side of the board? Was there any diplomacy involved? How did it end? Which mage lost/won?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yass Fuentes
Spain
Santiago de Compostela
A Coruña
flag msg tools
When it its...
badge
It closes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Snotwalker wrote:
I'd be interested in hearing more details as to how the gameplay went... did it turn into two separate 1:1 battles on each side of the board? Was there any diplomacy involved? How did it end? Which mage lost/won?

Yep, I'm interested too. And did you buy the markers for 3rd and 4th players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfredo Gomez
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
Let's start with what I own and what I purchased to be able to play with 4 players.

I do have the Base Set + Forcemaster vs Warlord Expansion + Extra Action Marker Set.

We played with the Wizard (myself), the Beastmaster, the Forcemaster and the Warlord. (I know that AW did a slight change in the apprentice spell books so now you can use all 4 mages with the cards in the Base set)

There was no diplomacy what so ever; in fact, we all hit each other at least once.

We started one Mage in each corner and, at first, it started kind of separate 1:1 battles but that was because of the Forcemaster Force Push which pushed me back to my corner. Then she created a wall which made me focus on the Beastmaster who was beating up my creatures.

I managed to destroy the Steelclaw Grizzly and started hitting the Beastmaster directly with my Darkfenne Hydra. In the other side of the board, the Warlord was struggling with the Forcemaster direct attacks and some of the Beastmaster creatures.

The Warlord managed to destroy the two Beastmasters Feral Bobcats and it was beating up the Forcemaster with his Iron Golem I think.

Both the Forcemaster and the Warlord been seriously damaged, and taking advantage of the Initiative, I teleported to a strategic zone and attacked with a Lightning Bolt and defeated the Forcemaster.

If I would have missed one single die, the Forcemaster would have been able to run away and heal himself or would have attacked the injured Warlord and would have won the game.

It was a great game and we very much enjoyed it. The Wizard was the winner this time but we’ll see what’ll happen next time (this coming Friday hopefully)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
Make sure you post more comments after your next game.

Im thinking of trying a 2v2 match, using that custom 16 zone board and having the mages spawn n the 4 corners and teams facing each other diagnally. Im hoping this will make for a dynamic game instead of teams starting off next to each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.