Subject: H2H 2 orders to get a good strike back? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
___Shetland pony___ ___extra pepperoni___
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have just been hit in hand to hand but am facing away with my back to the character (white arc), so only get the auto hits.

Then on my go, i want to be face to face, so as to hit back with the good arc, do i need to give a move order and an attack order to turn around 1st?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Salvato
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hans4rd wrote:
i have just been hit in hand to hand but am facing away with my back to the character (white arc), so only get the auto hits.

Then on my go, i want to be face to face, so as to hit back with the good arc, do i need to give a move order and an attack order to turn around 1st?

Yes.

In order to change facing on your own turn, you must use a Move Action to do so. So, on your turn, you would activate the cahracter, spend 1CP on a move order to turn around (and potentially move around to the attacker's side or rear), and then spend additional CP on the Melee attack.

However . . .

You could have attempted to avoid the situation from the beginning.

If the opposing character was activated while in your LOS (and if he was adjacent, he would be), you could have Dueled for Interruption. Additionally, if the opposing character moved into a square adjacent to you, you could again have Dueled for Interruption.

If you had successfully interrupted, you could then have acted before the opposing character got a chance to attack - you could have at the very least turned to face your attacker, or you could have moved away, shot at them, moved *to* them and attacked in melee, etc.

It's situations like these that makes interruption such a key element of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
___Shetland pony___ ___extra pepperoni___
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks bud.

Excellent answer, just what i needed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Dodge
United States
PACIFIC PALISADES
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only issue would be if the guy was behind you the whole time. All interrupts require line of sight, even if they move adjacent (Vasquez has 360 vision, the other chars do not).

RJD

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.