Subject: Pawnshop Kate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jethro Hendrickx
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Here my take on Kate without Magnum Opus.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Kate "Mac" McCaffrey: Digital Tinker (Core)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (12)
Diesel (Core) x3
Sure Gamble (Core) x3
Test Run (Cyber Exodus) x1
The Maker's Eye (Core) x3
Tinkering (Core) x2

Hardware: (8)
The Personal Touch (Core) x3
Rabbit Hole (Core) x3
Akamatsu Mem Chip (Core) x1
The Toolbox (Core) x1

Program: (12)
ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) x2
Snowball (Trace Amount) x1
Medium (Core) x1 ■■■
Mimic (Core) x2 ■
Corroder (Core) x1 ■■
Datasucker (Core) x3 ■
Yog.0 (Core) x1 ■
Pipeline (Core) x1

Resource: (13)
Aesop's Pawnshop (Core) x2
Armitage Codebusting (Core) x3
Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus) x3
Underworld Contact (A Study in Static) x3
Bank Job (Core) x2 ■■

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 11
Criminal: 4
Shaper: 58

As sentry breaker I took mimic, when boosted to strength 4 with personal touch or datasucker, it can break most sentries. The pipeline is a backup to save influence. I've tried femme, but mostly she's only easily affordable by mid game, and that's too late. It's cool to have or on a tollbooth or something then, but really it's an unneeded luxuary, better to concentrate on the early game.

Code gates are for ZU which can be pawned away later, and for Yog, which can also be boosted by datasuckers or touch.

Corroder is really awesome, snow is the backup here. Whichever I get first becomes barrier breaker, if I need to test run it, I go for corroder.

Plenty of economy cards, whith some underworld contacts out I don't miss MO, the first money comes from codebusting, gambles, workshop savings, Kate. The bank jobs are a recent addition, sometimes I found that the early economy lags a bit, so with them included you should definitely get some early money.

I've also tried ice carver and wyldside, they are good but expensive influence wise and either take a while to pay themselves back. But I must say I'm not a big wyldside fan, I like the flexibility of 4 clicks, but it can definitely work in the deck. Toolbox is expensive, I like to have it cook on a workshop for a while and get it out by midgame. But it allows to pawn the last rabbithole and mem chip, provides the MU for everything and gives credits to run, so it pays itself back quite quickly.

An ideal full rig would be mimic with a touch, corroder, Yog, ZU as mem free backup if somehow you feel Yog won't suffice, medium to dig r&d and put on pressure and 2 datasuckers and personal touches to provide a boost where needed.

All breakers can either be cooked with workshop or played directly from hand for the surprise effect, tinkering can allow to steal an agenda from a remote you aren't supposed to get in or save quite some money later in the game (thinkering a Janus or Archer, get in with Yog).

Overall the deck draws a lot, so you get consistency just by seeing a lot of cards quickly. Only 1 test run, to get medium or corroder if needed. Plascrete could be useful and easy to play (with workshop), but I haven't yet found the need or place for it. The day I get scorched, I'll undoubtedly regret this decision. Overall the deck is ideal to include some silver bullets, anything unneeded can always be pawned away, and 1 offs also have a more than decent chance to come out. This gives some room to adapt to the local meta.

Feel free to share your thoughts or suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice looking deck, curious though. x1 Test Run? No need to run x3 here I'm guessing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Benjamin

Maryland
msg tools
I don't know how good you've found Bank Job to be so feel free to ignore this if you they've been awesome for you, but I would definitely consider cutting them to improve your breakers, ie, adding 1 more Corroder, maybe one more Yog, and definitely a Femme Fatale, swapping out 1 Snowball, 1 ZU, and 1 Pipeline. This will let you run more test runs as well, and these are the best breakers with Test Run (excluding Morning Star which is too much influence). Yog and Mimic are just bonkers with Data Sucker, so I think it's worth considering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Asher
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I built something similar earlier today. Largely clickless economy, but I ran crypsis as my breaker. His primary weakness is the need to charge him up, but with an economy that runs itself without clicks, you have much more freedom to do that. I like this list though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder, Ben, if it would be beneficial to have x3 All-Nighters installed, then in one turn trash all of them in succession giving you 7 clicks. Then using those 7 clicks to stack the hell out of Crypsis with virus counters.

Hopefully the corp wouldn't burn a turn clearing them all off though, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Asher
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be up all night worrying about virus purges...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
...yeah that would be a nasty downside. maybe trash one at a time during different turns to add 1 or 2 of them on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thee Insidius Doktor Glaze & His Sidekick Donut Boy with the Amazing Monkeytime Dancers Ooh!
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I_have_heard_the_mermaids_singing,_each_to_each. I_do_not_think_that_they_will_sing_to_me... We_have_lingered_in_the_chambers_of_the_sea By_sea_girls_wreathed_with_seaweed_red_and_brown Till_human_voices_wake_us,_and_we_drown
mbmbmbmbmb
make room for 2x Wyldside. Totally worth the influence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jethro Hendrickx
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I tried 2x wyldside, in theory it's great, in practise you start feeling the advantage by mid game if you put it out early, but the biggest weakness of this deck lies in the start, as clicking for 1$ is really a waste of momentum. That's why I looked at the bankjobs, but I'm not sold on them either.

I'd love to have multiple copies of the good breakers (especially another corroder), but I need early money more. I tried femme, but at start she's expensive to get into the game, later on when I have datasuckers to boost strength, the advantage she gives is not big enough (need +1 MU then as well).

If you want to try crypsis (and ZU I suppose) as your only breakers, you're aiming for the early game, better to do that with criminal I think. Using all-nighter to put virus counters on crypsis is a total waste though, better to use him the turn you pop medium in play and go for r&d.

Another test run is on the shortlist to get into the deck, along with another ZU, mem chip and a plascrete. I wouldn't know what to cut for it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.