Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Myrmes» Forums » Rules

Subject: Event Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Kogut
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Which events (if any) can be applied multiple times?
It seems clear that the Larva (2), additional soldier (5), and additional worker (7) benefits are triggered only one time. Additional harvest (3) also appeared clear, can take up to 3 additional resources at harvest.
Can the improved tech (0) be used multiple times (two workers each lay pheromones at an improved level)?
Do you score an additional victory point (1) every time you execute a point scoring play, or only the first time?
Can additional movement (4) be applied to all workers that are sent out, or only the first one?
Lastly does increased pheromone level (6) apply to all workers sent out or only the first?



 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You've mostly answered yourself here.

The larvae, soldier, and worker bonus is only applied once, and only if you use a nurse(s) to produce them. Everything else is a benefit for the entire turn.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Piefer "Luke Luke The Orange"

Brooklyn
New York
msg tools
mbmb
jkayati wrote:
You've mostly answered yourself here.

The larvae, soldier, and worker bonus is only applied once, and only if you use a nurse(s) to produce them. Everything else is a benefit for the entire turn.


I doubt it. In particularly, the vp bonus says you get a bonus vp "as soon as that player scores victory points during the current season". That sure sounds like it only happens once, when you first make a scoring play. It would be too beneficial otherwise.

Also, the level+1 action says the player can use pheromones, storage, "or" special tiles from the next level, though I suspect this is a a translation issue. It's addressed on page 7 (working in the colony) and page 9 (placing tiles), so it must apply to both. It's supposed to be a strong bonus, as it's on the "0" die roll space and therefore can't be had without paying at least 1 larva.

The movement one is totally ambiguous. Players don't really have movement points; workers do. But it does say the player has 6 mp's "for the turn", and a single worker ant is a turn. So I'm not sure it can apply to more than one worker ant. For the sake of balance, I would vote no.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inky Bloc
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you've been playing this game wrong, Luke.

coolhandluke121 wrote:


I doubt it. In particularly, the vp bonus says you get a bonus vp "as soon as that player scores victory points during the current season". That sure sounds like it only happens once, when you first make a scoring play. It would be too beneficial otherwise.

...

The movement one is totally ambiguous. Players don't really have movement points; workers do. But it does say the player has 6 mp's "for the turn", and a single worker ant is a turn. So I'm not sure it can apply to more than one worker ant. For the sake of balance, I would vote no.


Both of these have been answered by the designer of the game in this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/10218788#10218788. +1 VPs applies every time you gain VPs during the round, and +3 movement applies to each worker ant.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Piefer "Luke Luke The Orange"

Brooklyn
New York
msg tools
mbmb
inkybloc wrote:
Sounds like you've been playing this game wrong, Luke.

coolhandluke121 wrote:


I doubt it. In particularly, the vp bonus says you get a bonus vp "as soon as that player scores victory points during the current season". That sure sounds like it only happens once, when you first make a scoring play. It would be too beneficial otherwise.

...

The movement one is totally ambiguous. Players don't really have movement points; workers do. But it does say the player has 6 mp's "for the turn", and a single worker ant is a turn. So I'm not sure it can apply to more than one worker ant. For the sake of balance, I would vote no.


Both of these have been answered by the designer of the game in this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/10218788#10218788. +1 VPs applies every time you gain VPs during the round, and +3 movement applies to each worker ant.


I replied to this post before I read all the threads on the last page of the rules forum. At best, I find the translation of the rules to be pretty unsatisfying. Hate to just blame it all on translation though. A lot of things could have been more precise. The "soldiers count as food" thing doesn't seem like just a translation issue, for example.

Great game though. Middleweight time and rules (once you know what was meant by them), heavyweight strategy.

ETA: Wish someone had quoted that thread above in some of the other rules threads. We should have a thread at the top of this forum directing people to an FAQ's document or something.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.