Popular Tags: [View All]
"Every Board Game I Reach Is Dead"
United Kingdom
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
So my board game sire and fellow gamer invested in a set of DMZs from all the way over in the US to complete his Block One collection the other day.

When they arrived and we went through them we were pretty shocked and sad to find not one of the 6 DMZs to have the correct contents. Every box had at least one packing fault, from missing minis and/or wrong minis to damaged or broken ones. Damage is usually just a glue job away, but my poor friend was left lacking several miniatures (including several of the rares) and even morpher monsters with missing morpher units.

When he messaged Privateer Press with his list of problems they basically fobbed him off with a "meh, unlucky" sort of reply, stating that the DMZs state only the number of models and not what exactly they should contain, but more worryingly saying they'd "have a look about for the molds" and send some replacements if they could.

No molds for Monpoc?
Does this mean its dead for good?

Problems with packing issues aside this pains me as its one of the best games I have played. Saddness again over the fact that this game certainly seems to be gone. goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a rather odd statment to get from PP. In fact it doesnt sound like them at all? What section did you send your message off to and who replied?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect PP hasn't had the molds in-house for quite a while, since this game is manufactured in China. I would bet on incomplete knowledge of the customer-service folks, who assumed that Monsterpocalypse is some sub-faction of Hordes, and that anything not in their Hordes order list must be out of print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Taylor
England
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Narlgoth wrote:
So my board game sire and fellow gamer invested in a set of DMZs from all the way over in the US to complete his Block One collection the other day.

When they arrived and we went through them we were pretty shocked and sad to find not one of the 6 DMZs to have the correct contents. Every box had at least one packing fault, from missing minis and/or wrong minis to damaged or broken ones. Damage is usually just a glue job away, but my poor friend was left lacking several miniatures (including several of the rares) and even morpher monsters with missing morpher units.

When he messaged Privateer Press with his list of problems they basically fobbed him off with a "meh, unlucky" sort of reply, stating that the DMZs state only the number of models and not what exactly they should contain, but more worryingly saying they'd "have a look about for the molds" and send some replacements if they could.

No molds for Monpoc?
Does this mean its dead for good?

Problems with packing issues aside this pains me as its one of the best games I have played. Saddness again over the fact that this game certainly seems to be gone. goo

sad times if that's true
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
re-reading it.

It sounds more like, IF it is true, that they simply arent pressing the minis anymore and shelved them.

But what puts probably lie to the response is this.
You cannot simply slap down a mold and press one or two minis. These things go to factory and batches have to be ordered. So whomever was writing off that replay may have just been making stuff up.

Also the PP web site itself lists off what should be in a Battle Box or a DMZ. Making the whole response further suspicious.

This isnt the first time someones gotten the runaround from someone at PPs warehouse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"Every Board Game I Reach Is Dead"
United Kingdom
Scarborough
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Well just making things up is pretty lame either way... goo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jocie Boettcher
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have only made a handful of statements about the game. In an offhand statement during an interview about warma/horde, when asked about monpoc, they responded with when(and if)they start putting more out, they are changing the format to a non-collectable format, making it so you know what you are getting when you buy the packs (along the lines of the DMZ, but they said it will even be different than those). As well as they have stated that it is currently on hold (note not dead) and the only reason they haven't said anything is because there is no no news to be told yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Manasan
Philippines
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like somebody mis-typed/mis-read mold when they meant model.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.