Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure there's a killer Lando-based squadron out there but I cannot quite find it. What 's the best squadron you can make that stars Lando Calrissian?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's nothing special, but this is the best I've built:

http://x-wing.voidstate.com/view/5708/pass-the-dutchie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The winner of our tournament yesterday ran:
Lando + Gunner
Chewie + Gunner + Veteran Instincts + Millenium Falcon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Huhtala
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
Lando + Gunner

Yeah he did. Never lost either ship in all four matches too. I'm a little disappointed that double falcon is becoming a "required" build, at least for tournaments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian1981 wrote:
Mundane wrote:
Lando + Gunner

Yeah he did. Never lost either ship in all four matches too. I'm a little disappointed that double falcon is becoming a "required" build, at least for tournaments.

In my first fight against him I did take out Chewie and inflicted four damage on Lando before I went down. The second battle was a disaster as I really screwed up my maneuvers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Brian1981 wrote:
Mundane wrote:
Lando + Gunner

I doubt this is true. My theorycraft says it's a vulnerable build, and I've now played against double-Falcon builds and destroyed them both times.

YTs are weak to X-wings, Y-wings, and virtually every secondary weapon in the game. If a good version is run by a good player, it will do well--just like any other kind of list. But it's by no means a "required" build.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian1981 wrote:
Mundane wrote:
Lando + Gunner

The meta-game will deal with this. With only 1 agility (and possibly evade), missiles can do a lot of damage. And if you lose one YT, you'll probably lose the match on points.

Ironically, the biggest nemesis may be A-Wings...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff Wilder wrote:

I tried that once and it was OK but not amazing, mainly because Garven can't give Lando his Focus until after he's fired. Instead, he's better off giving the Focus to Dutch. On the other hand, I really like Chewbacca + Dutch + Garven with Draw their Fire on the Wookie. I also like Lando + Push the Limits + Nien Nunb (since Lando performs a lot of green maneuvers anyway) with Dutch and a Rookie, or use a Gunner instead of PtL if you prefer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian1981 wrote:
Mundane wrote:
Lando + Gunner

I'm really impressed a dual-Falcon build can do so well--it's maximum damage output is pretty abyssmal compared to just about any other build. It should have a lot of trouble with any missile builds, any HLC Firesprays, and any TIE swarms.

Maybe it's just my local group's meta, but I've never seen a double Falcon squad do very well, and certainly not consistently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Büttner-Zimmermann
Germany
München
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Wiggle It!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd bet on the Rocket Build... With only one Agility they should go down quickly. Plus, Action Denial with a TIE swarm should be easy, too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it's only fair I share mine, too.

=====================
Lando, Biggs & Rookie
=====================

100 points

Pilots
------

Lando Calrissian (48)
Upgrades: Push the Limit (3), Millenium Falcon (1)

Rookie Pilot (21)

Biggs Darklighter (31)
Upgrades: R2-F2 (3), Stealth Device (3)

------

View: http://x-wing.voidstate.com/view/6455/lando-biggs-rookie
Tweak: http://x-wing.voidstate.com/build/6455/lando-biggs-rookie

------

It basically relies on Lando giving Biggs another action so he gets R2-F2's extra Agility and focus. Then, while the enemy wastes shots on him, the other ships fire away freely. When Biggs dies, Lando allows the Rookie to fire with Target Lock and Focus each round. Throughout, LAndo uses PTL to Evade and either Focus or TL.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alternatively, ditch Biggs and give Lando Luke for extra hitting power.

=================
Lando & 2 Rookies
=================

Lando has 2 actions and a gunner re-roll and gives one rookie 2 actions, too. Fly in formation, concentrate fire and take out 1+ enemy ship a turn. Hopefully you'll stay ahead of the kill-curve long enough to mean a lone Lando can finish off the last few enemy ships alone.

100 points

Pilots
------

Lando Calrissian (56)
Upgrades: Push the Limit (3), Nien Nunb (1), Luke Skywalker (7), Millenium Falcon (1)

Rookie Pilot (22)
Upgrades: R2 Astromech (1)

Rookie Pilot (22)
Upgrades: R2 Astromech (1)

------

View: http://x-wing.voidstate.com/view/7174/lando-2-rookies
Tweak: http://x-wing.voidstate.com/build/7174/lando-2-rookies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Huhtala
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueThirteen wrote:
Brian1981 wrote:
Mundane wrote:
Lando + Gunner

I'm really impressed a dual-Falcon build can do so well--it's maximum damage output is pretty abyssmal compared to just about any other build. It should have a lot of trouble with any missile builds, any HLC Firesprays, and any TIE swarms.

Maybe it's just my local group's meta, but I've never seen a double Falcon squad do very well, and certainly not consistently.

Well, now that I think about it, double falcon was able to do well because it was able to consistantly do damage every turn. Each falcon had a gunner, and they both used target lock every turn. This is what caused me to lose Biggs early on (I also rolled no evades on 6 dice... Yeah, I know...), and it was all downhill from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools
iNano78 wrote:
Jeff Wilder wrote:

I tried that once and it was OK but not amazing, mainly because Garven can't give Lando his Focus until after he's fired. Instead, he's better off giving the Focus to Dutch. On the other hand, I really like Chewbacca + Dutch + Garven with Draw their Fire on the Wookie. I also like Lando + Push the Limits + Nien Nunb (since Lando performs a lot of green maneuvers anyway) with Dutch and a Rookie, or use a Gunner instead of PtL if you prefer.

I like Lando + squad leader + NienNunb. You get an action, and you get an action, and everybody gets an action. even better if your other pilots have PTL on them, say green Awings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robert gordon
Canada
flag msg tools
Not enough players up here to go to a tournament with this, but it worked well with my friends. Its a Dutch-Lando-Weapons Engineer build
Lando
Push the limit
Luke (passenger)
Weapons engineer
Shield upgrade
Millenium Falcon

Dutch
R2D2
Ion Cannon
Shield upgrade

The key here is that as soon as the falcon does a green maneuver, it gives Dutch a free action so he target locks. This gives the falcon a free target lock, which turns into two target locks from the engineer. In one go most of your opponents ships are target locked for free. follow with a focus for Dutch and Lando, and use Push The Limit to give Lando an evade as well, since you'll clear the stress with another green next time to start the whole thing over. Use just green maneuvers for both pilots to get shields back for Dutch and do the target lock dance. Both ships have 360 fire so no worries about putting along and someone getting behind you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools
swarm killer ver (99pts):

Lando + Luke gunner + Nien Numb + MF title + Squad Leader
Proto Awing + Assault Missile
Proto Awing + Assault Missile

get both Awings to take a focus action for the very first engagement. Make sure the Falcon does a Green and that it doesnt result in a collision. VERY IMPORTANT. Use Lando's abiliy to get 1 Awing to do a targetlock. Use Squad Leader to get the other Awing to targetlock as well.

Now, assume Awing #1 locks X, and Awing #2 locks Y.

lando fires at X. Hopefully, at range 2-3 against a regular TIE with focus action, he would use his focus to protect against the attack. So your attack missed. Now, [IMPORTANT], fire at Y with luke gunner, and hope that you get him to use his focus token on defense as well.

congrats, now both Awings are ready to fire their assault missile + focus at their targets w/o focus tokens to spend for defense. Lando can then either mop up the 1hp TIEs himself or get Awings to targetlock + focus + Boost to OHKO TIEs at range 1 as well. 99 pts for initiative to ensure that the Awings get their focus actions, and prevent the TIEs from parking themselves in such a way that they would block Lando's spot for that important turn. ie. have Lando follow behind the Awings with a little gap.

start off like this:

|>>>>>|[A] [A]
|Lando>|
|>>>>>|

get both Awings to do a forward 3, then Lando does a hard left 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.