Ian Anderson
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Battlefield Engineers and Yub Yub refer to "target enhancement", this sounds like a sub-set of enhancements, but what sub-set is it?

In particular is Heavy Blaster Emplacement one of these Enhancements?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Gordon
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The word target simply means you get to choose which enhancement Yub Yub effects. You choose the 'target' but it has to be an enhancement.

EDIT: In other words, you can choose ANY enhancement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that some enhancements cannot be targeted, such as Trench Run, and that you cannot activate an effect that requires a target if there is no valid target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Anderson
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevster wrote:
The word target simply means you get to choose which enhancement Yub Yub effects. You choose the 'target' but it has to be an enhancement.

EDIT: In other words, you can choose ANY enhancement.

Thanks for the quick response.

In other words "remove 1 focus token from a target enhancement you control" means the same as "remove 1 focus token from an enhancement you control"
and "discard a target enhancement from play" means the same as "discard an enhancement from play".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Anderson
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
Note that some enhancements cannot be targeted, such as Trench Run, and that you cannot activate an effect that requires a target if there is no valid target.

Now I have read Trench Run the use of the word 'target' on Battlefield Engineers and Yub Yub becomes clearer, though I think I might have chosen to write 'targetable'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
- Saturnine -
Germany
flag msg tools
'Target' is explained in the rule book on page 27.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Blakeney
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night my buddy kept using Battlefield Engineers to remove a focus token from Heavy Blaster Emplacement. It effectively allowed him 2 free damage on my units per turn. Great strategy / card combination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Anderson
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saturnine wrote:

Part of this definition confused me, it says "The controller of a targeting effect chooses all targets for the effect". The "Heavy Blaster Emplacement" implies the opponent chooses which unit gets damaged which had me wondering whether it qualified as a target enhancement.

I will raise another question here. The Heavy Blaster Emplacement card says "have your opponent deal 1 damage to a unit he controls". Do you choose which unit or does your opponent choose the unit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ianne wrote:
Saturnine wrote:

Part of this definition confused me, it says "The controller of a targeting effect chooses all targets for the effect". The "Heavy Blaster Emplacement" implies the opponent chooses which unit gets damaged which had me wondering whether it qualified as a target enhancement.

I will raise another question here. The Heavy Blaster Emplacement card says "have your opponent deal 1 damage to a unit he controls". Do you choose which unit or does your opponent choose the unit?

Your opponent chooses the unit, because the effect does not instruct you to target a unit.

There is no such thing as a "target enhancement" without some kind of context. You can't ask "Is Heavy Blaster Emplacement a target enhancement?"
Target Enhancement, in the context of an effect, means the Enhancement that you choose as the target of the effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.