Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The newly launched drivethrucards.com (part of the trusted drivethrustuff brand) has re-"published" this game as a print and play PDF. It's a little odd, considering the site is primarily geared toward print on demand... I suspect that it's due to the odd size and shape of the cards. Anyways. This is a fun "take that" style game that ends before it overstays it's welcome. If you're a fan of the Paranoia universe, Friend Computer recommends you pick up a copy today. Failure to comply is treason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up. As much as our group loved this game, we were really hoping for some more cards (the base game can get a little stale if you play too often). I know Mongoose was working on an expansion that obviously never got completed. I wonder if any of those cards are available...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and here's a directly link if anyone wanted it:

http://www.drivethrucards.com/product/2796/Paranoia-Mandator...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. As much as our group loved this game, we were really hoping for some more cards (the base game can get a little stale if you play too often). I know Mongoose was working on an expansion that obviously never got completed. I wonder if any of those cards are available...

-shnar

Yeah. When I found the game I immediately looked to see if the mysterious unreleased expansion was there too. It was not. I suspect there aren't any new cards in this set. It's probably the original PDF mongoose sent out to printers. If they had done any value adding they could have reformatted the layout of the cards so drivethrucards could do print on demand instead of PnP. Either way, I'm just glad to see its available in some fashion. Since the cards are odd sized and can't be sleeved, I'm always worried about damaging the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like it is gone. Too bad :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woah, that is so weird. Why would they pull it so soon? The site has only been live for a few months... I think I will email them and ask. Last time I emailed them they contacted a publisher on my behalf and got back to me in a day or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is odd, I mean, it's not like it's costing them inventory space to host it?

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In case someone managed to get it from there, I'd be delighted if they'd be willing to share it with me. Getting a used copy is prohibitively expensive at the moment (and that's before shipping to Estonia.. ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
I got a copy for $25 + shipping at Noble Knight a couple months ago. They pop up every once in a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike MacMartin
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
Seems like it is gone. Too bad :-(

Check the Paranoia RPG PDFs on DTRPG ... oh wait, you can't, because they're gone too.

Mongoose Matt has been popping up places saying that a Paranoia announcement is in the works, but he's been saying that for a few months now. Take that as you will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They pulled the RPGs too? That seems unnecessary even if they are planning something new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.