Bomber Command» Forums » General

Subject: I NJG11 question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrzej Fiett
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Downfall scenario INJG11 unit has airfield in I9 hex. This hex is in 7.Jagddivision, but there is 3.Jagddivision number on unit's counter.

What interesting, on this countersheet photo: http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1141636/bomber-command INJG11 counter has correct 7.Jagddivision number!

Is this just misprint?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Fiett
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to reply to my question I found this Lee's interesting statement on Consimworld forum:

Quote:
I feel moved to make a necessary change to the way we model Gebietsnachtjagd in the game. The change is, if anything, a great simplification and will eliminate some of the abuse we have been seeing. It would confine single-engined units to more historical behaviour. It does, however, involve some changes to the map for the Downfall scenario to recreate I NJG11's hunting zones over the Ruhr...

I'm starting to assume that hex I9 of the Downfall scenario map should be shifted from 7.Jagddivision to 3.Jagddivision (together with the I NJG11's airfield).

Or I NJG11's airfield itself should be shifted to one of 3.Jagddivision hexes.

This could enable I NJG11 to activate I6, I7, I8 Himmelbett hexes and make Mosquito Hunting attacks as described in 9.3.1 Gebietsnachtjagd rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Brimmicombe-Wood
United Kingdom
Ely
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a FAQ on this very matter. The counter markup is correct. What is the problem?

INJG11 is marked for 3.JD. The intent is that it protects the Ruhr hexes in 3.JD.

There's no rule that says a unit's airfield has to be in the same JD that it is marked for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Fiett
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotofficerprune wrote:
We have a FAQ on this very matter.

Ha! I looked through all the BGG forum, but forgot to check the FAQ. Sorry!
Quote:
What is the problem?

I prepared my fuel chart and wasn't sure where INJG11 should be placed: in 3.JD (like on its counter) or in 7.JD (like on this photo: http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1141636/bomber-command )

Thanks for explanation!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.