Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Walker
United Kingdom
Liphook
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have just started playing this and whilst most questions can be resolved with a bit of common sense we could not figure out what the implications of a crushing victory were vs the United Defense event - my wife was playing the guild mages, played united defence on the objective card, spent 3 menace tokens for warp blast and declared the battle and competitive game won

I think that this is correct but am not 100% sure

Also is there an up to date FAQ for the game? The flying frog website appears to be very old and not updated for this game - I could see no mention of apocalypse for example

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Baker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

That was a smart play on her part - and quite legal, I would say.

It makes me want to hate those Mages all the more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Duby
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
mbmbmbmbmb
No up to date FAQ and they have been unresponsive to emails I have sent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Walker
United Kingdom
Liphook
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DBoonsGhost wrote:

That was a smart play on her part - and quite legal, I would say.

It makes me want to hate those Mages all the more.

Given I'd cheesily snuck the win by repairing a demolished city on the previous game I can't be too begrudging here

Thanks for the quick reply

The next challenge will be to walk past Apocalypse next time I am in my FLGS and not purchase it - much harder than losing gracefully to my wife
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stevepwalker wrote:
my wife was playing the guild mages, played united defence on the objective card, spent 3 menace tokens for warp blast and declared the battle and competitive game won

Did you roll for the humans?

The Fome Mage's warp blast gives them a crushing victory, not an outright win. If the defence can Hail Mary it and roll a crushing victory themselves they can tie the fight round. Because if both sides have a crushing victory it is considered a tie.

I like using the united defence/we come in peace instant win button. But what's even better is when someone thinks they have you over a barrel with a united defence, and you have that we come in peace card already in your hand.devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Walker
United Kingdom
Liphook
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes - the measly humans managed a deuce in their defence - despite having a combined attack strength of 24+1 super hero

It was very funny - even my 7 year old who was playing was laughing - and wants to play again so job well done

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
Banichi wrote:
stevepwalker wrote:
my wife was playing the guild mages, played united defence on the objective card, spent 3 menace tokens for warp blast and declared the battle and competitive game won

Did you roll for the humans?

The Fome Mage's warp blast gives them a crushing victory, not an outright win. If the defense can Hail Mary it and roll a crushing victory themselves they can tie the fight round. Because if both sides have a crushing victory it is considered a tie.

I like using the united defense/we come in peace instant win button. But what's even better is when someone thinks they have you over a barrel with a united defence, and you have that we come in peace card already in your hand.devil

Reminds me of countless movies where the hero's final attempt to attack the villain was all just the villains plan for getting all his enemies together so he could vanquish them. Laughing maniacally in this game helps a lot.

Really a doubled edged sword that card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.