Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: "One last turn" and declaring the end of round rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Owen Compton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My family just finished playing the initial walkthrough scenario for MK and I ran into a rule problem that I wasn't expecting. We were in the second round and I declared the end of round - on her go, my sister then explored the city tile thus everyone got one more turn.

What do we do after we get back to my go? Do we shuffle everything up for another round then I take my go and my sister take her go and then the game ends? The game had gone on for a while and I had to leave pretty soon so I just ruled we'd all have one last go and I'd skip my go, (I didn't mind too much about winning or losing seeing as it was just a learning mission), but it would be nice to know what we should've done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The scenario text for your scenario already covers this situation.

"When a player reveals a city, all players (including him) have one last turn. If the Round ends during this, the game ends immediately."

After the current round (the round in which you announced end of round) finishes, the game ends immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just realized that you said "shuffle up". There should be no shuffling of anything between rounds, unless it is the end of a day/night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:
I just realized that you said "shuffle up". There should be no shuffling of anything between rounds, unless it is the end of a day/night.

But that's what a round is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owen Compton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcorban wrote:

"When a player reveals a city, all players (including him) have one last turn. If the Round ends during this, the game ends immediately."

After the current round (the round in which you announced end of round) finishes, the game ends immediately.

Ack my bad, can't believe I missed this!

EDIT: Just realised I missed this cos it was in the full rulebook, not the game walkthrough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Yan
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Sacred Voice wrote:
dcorban wrote:

Ack my bad, can't believe I missed this!

EDIT: Just realised I missed this cos it was in the full rulebook, not the game walkthrough.

To put it exactly, it's in the scenario description. The description is only half a page, about 1/40 of the game walkthrough. Isn't it worthwhile to take 1/40 more time to read through it?

That might be the only thing that's in the scenaro but missed in the walkthrough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
prograft wrote:
To put it exactly, it's in the scenario description. The description is only half a page, about 1/40 of the game walkthrough. Isn't it worthwhile to take 1/40 more time to read through it?

The walkthrough specifically suggests that you play through it before reading the rulebook. It is not fair to expect players to read the rulebook in order to identify the half-page that is relevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.