Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, I picked up this game last week and I love it already. Frankly, I picked SW up several years back when it had a paper board and did NOT love it then.

As for these walls, I love elevational advantage. Before I decide how high these walls are for myself, I wondered what some of you guys might think about it? From the pic on the card I'm thinking maybe seven feet. They look narrow in the pic, yet board wise I can see them occupying the entire rectangle.

They appear easy to scale with plenty of hand footholds. I'm thinking of my archers climbing on them, but not imagining cover on top.

Liefkicker is pimping up a set of prototype plaster walls for me and I'm eager to see how they play out. One of the beauties of the game is the intrinsicity of the cards. Still, it doesn't hurt to think outside the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Demeriat
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
These are not official measurements by any means, but by going by bios, box arts, and other paraphernalia, here's my approximate height for the Wall:

Wall: 9 feet, -1 foot for every three wounds on the Wall. When you look at the almost fully damaged Wall on the iOS, you can see evidence that there's more to the Wall than what's on the card, hence my belief that if a normal being can scale 6 feet to climb a Wall without Movement Penalty, then it has to be taller than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I feel like 7 foot walls are going to be a pain to carry around to game night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the end the walls are tabula rasa for our imaginations I guess. For practicality, I'm having them made perhaps an inch tall, High enough to achieve a third dimension, low enough to see over. Felt bottomed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian, you want to make that pic bigger. Put 'large' just inside the right border of parenthesis when you insert your geek image.

But they look really good. I'm still thinking I'll go with low walls the full size of the space so I can see over them and drop wound markers on top, and if for some reason (or ability) I can drop an archer up there, that too.

But damn yours do look good!

Any problem with them in play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only problem has been location of wound markers for both sides to see, but it isn't that big of an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Lyon
United States
San Juan Islands
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, and who made them? Dimensions?

Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.