Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: piecepack [+] [View All]
Jason Sample
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Bright, brilliant colors are to be seen everywhere, the stones and pigments undimmed by the passage of decades. The floor of the corridor is a colorful mosaic of stone, with a distinct, winding path of red tiles about 2' wide.
mbmbmbmbmb
What are some of the best games (solitaire and multiplayer) for the Piecepack?

Thanks,
Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ajoy
Ecuador
Quito
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend and I play (two player) PiecePack games or adaptations of games to the PiecePack + other components.

Lately we have enjoyed:

Goods From Cape to Cairo

http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/KingArthursCourt
(with a couple of variations on what the characters do)

Palazzo
(with the additional rule that a player can take more than one card if they add up to less than 4)

Martian Miners

We played Alien City a couple of times but didn't like it because of rules like: "Domes may only be built on tiles that match their color, unless there are no remaining legal building sites of their color; in that case the remaining domes of that color may be built on any tile." or "players must build during each of their turns, even if it is not to their advantage." (I've read a couple of times that people consider it the best PiecePack game)

Today we played http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/CreamOfTheCrop twice and we have played it 5 or 6 times.

Another favorite of others is Pharaoh's Heir because it is a port of Puerto Rico. But so far I've found the rules too daunting.

We have also played personal adaptations of Forbidden Island, Samurai and Ticket to Ride.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Dalton
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love abstracts, and I think Alien City is tremendous. Like many games, the rules appear somewhat convoluted until you actually play it. It's pretty straightforward once you get through a game or two. I will admit that it works best when computer moderated. (You can play it at Super Duper Games.)

Other than that, I've only played solitaire games with my Piecepack. My favourites are Piece Packing Pirates and Galaxy Express.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg J
Canada
Richmond Hill
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
queequeg wrote:
What are some of the best games (solitaire and multiplayer) for the Piecepack?

Thanks,
Jason

Check out my posts on the subject:

New to PP: Where to start?

Discovering the Piecepack a game at a time

For a Piecepack solitaire, my favourite is my variant on Cardinal's Guards.

For a multiplayer game native to the Piecepack itself, I think Shaman Island is the best that we've tried so far. That said, Elephant Run is the one we've played the most as it is so kid-friendly.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Kirkby
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for mentioning Cream of the Crop, Daniel. I'm glad you liked it.
My favourite piecepack game is Four Blind Mice, a port of Ricochet Robots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sample
United States
Pelham
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Bright, brilliant colors are to be seen everywhere, the stones and pigments undimmed by the passage of decades. The floor of the corridor is a colorful mosaic of stone, with a distinct, winding path of red tiles about 2' wide.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow.

Great input from all of you. I often work 30+ hour shifts at work and I often am waiting around for things to happen. I have had the Piecepack in my drawer for ages. It is good to know a few solitaire games I can play as I wait.

Peace,
Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Ajoy
Ecuador
Quito
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
queequeg wrote:
It is good to know a few solitaire games I can play as I wait.

There has been some interest in Fujisan lately:

http://www.ludism.org/ppwiki/Fuji-san

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls