Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Balk
United States
Inver Grove Heights
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
So far, nearly my entire experience with BGG has been with playing the online version of Tigris & Euphrates. (And thank you very much for that!)

I haven't noticed a forum devoted to either of the two games available online here, and I think that would be a useful feature. Perhaps even a separate forum for each game. Basic rules, strategy hints, etiquette, and other related FAQs could be pinned there for quick and easy location.

FAQ topics I can think of, off the top of my head, include:
- basic game rules
- special rules of online play (for instance, forced to take the corner treasures first in Tigris & Euphrates)
- how to create and join a game; and auto vs. self-generated
- game generating options (# of players; password or open; same player in multi seats; show or hide scores & move log)
- chat window inside the game display
- strategy tips
- etiquette and suggestions for dealing with situations like bad conduct or an abandoned game

I'm sure there are other topics and situations I haven't thought of.

In connection with this suggestion, I NEED HELP WITH A PRESENT SITUATION (in game # 21698)[/b]. A person very new to the site accidentally joined the game; doesn't know the rules; and doesn't have time to play just now. (I contacted them privately and learned this via geek-mail.) It was an auto-generated game. So what can we do? Do we have access to kick out the player (they've already told me that would be okay) or to delete the game? We've only played a round or two, so it's no great loss.

Thanks for listening!

- Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.