JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.amazon.com/Hobbit-Unexpected-Journey-Two-Disc-Ult...

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Two-Disc Special Edition) is on sale for only $10.00.

Yeah, yeah, I know some of you didn't like it, but if you did this is a good price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
Jatoha wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Hobbit-Unexpected-Journey-Two-Disc-Ult...

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Two-Disc Special Edition) is on sale for only $10.00.

Yeah, yeah, I know some of you didn't like it, but if you did this is a good price.

So the entire movie will be $30?

...meh...

I haven't seen and probably won't.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sweet! That's only $1 an hour!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
“It’s raining tacos, from out of the sky. Tacos, no need to ask why. Just open your mouth and close your eyes: It’s raining tacos!”
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm tempted to buy it, but I'm waiting to see if an "extended version" is offered later. We waited and bought the extended versions of the LotR movies as they came out, and they were significantly better than the theatrical versions. I don't want to waste money by buying a theatrical version of the Hobbit now if an extended version is offered at a later date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just know that once all three are released someone will edit them all into one movie that lasts about three hours by cutting out the extra, pointless nonsense. That's the version I want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
claymore_57 wrote:
I'm tempted to buy it, but I'm waiting to see if an "extended version" is offered later. We waited and bought the extended versions of the LotR movies as they came out, and they were significantly better than the theatrical versions. I don't want to waste money by buying a theatrical version of the Hobbit now if an extended version is offered at a later date.
And, wouldn't you know it, an extended edition of The Hobbit is due in time for Xmas!
Who knew?!
Oh, wait... after what they did with the LotR movies, everybody knows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Rethorn
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Who buys DVDs instead of Blu-rays?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
emperorhand wrote:

I do. I am not going to replace my DVD collection with a blue-ray collection. I skip the whole blue-ray thing and go immediately for movies from the cloud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:
emperorhand wrote:

I do. I am not going to replace my DVD collection with a blue-ray collection. I skip the whole blue-ray thing and go immediately for movies from the cloud.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:
emperorhand wrote:

I was moving that way myself until I started getting "friendly notices" about studio blackouts occurring at any time and me no longer being able to access content I had paid for. I refuse to deal with iTunes, which seem to be the only company capable of keeping content available, so I'm not ready to ditch my discs just yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, they're price matching Target. You can thank me (and probably a zillion other people) for doing "Report a lower price" yesterday morning after the Target flyer came out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
I was moving that way myself until I started getting "friendly notices" about studio blackouts occurring at any time and me no longer being able to access content I had paid for. I refuse to deal with iTunes, which seem to be the only company capable of keeping content available, so I'm not ready to ditch my discs just yet.

That's because the system is "not there yet" (I will not comment on iTunes, which I personally also refuse to deal with). But obviously, blue-rays and DVDs will be as dead as video tapes within a couple of years, when the whole system of getting movies from the cloud has stabilized. Until that time, I am sticking to relatively cheap DVDs rather than the expensive blue-rays. In particular because the movies I would like to have in a higher quality are those that I already have on DVD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Finch
United Kingdom
BERKSHIRE
flag msg tools
badge
Rule changes for tonight's game:-
mbmbmbmbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:
- what Flyboy Connor said about immature service provision as I originally quoted the wrong bit -

I think this is probably true, though I wonder to what extent compression will play a part in future content provision. Whether it means blu-ray becomes a cinefile niche, offering virtually uncompressed video and higher quality sound, or whether extent of compression becomes a differentiator between cloud-based providers. Also, it will be interesting to see how ultra HD films would ultimately be delivered - especially to non-metropolitan areas. [/derail]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
claymore_57 wrote:

I'm waiting for a shortened version, since this one was bloated crap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Dan
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gonna wait for the triple box set extended edition after all 3 come out.

Then buy it in the January sales.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:
cold_fuzion wrote:

That's because the system is "not there yet" (I will not comment on iTunes, which I personally also refuse to deal with). But obviously, blue-rays and DVDs will be as dead as video tapes within a couple of years, when the whole system of getting movies from the cloud has stabilized. Until that time, I am sticking to relatively cheap DVDs rather than the expensive blue-rays. In particular because the movies I would like to have in a higher quality are those that I already have on DVD.
I think we've got longer than that and I know it's the movie studios' fault. The technology is there, but it doesn't matter as long as the content creators still think can dictate every aspect of how we can consume their product streaming won't fully displace physical media.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.