United States
Coral Gables
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in solitaire games with the following criteria:

CRITERIA:
1) MUST be soloable
2) MUST have a progressive campaign where the outcome does matter from scenario to scenario.

Games I'm interested are Hornet Leader and Descent where you play several missions in a campaign and where your group either progress in power/skills or wither and die in a mission.

I'm not interested in solitaire games where you play a scenario and when you go to the next scenario you start fresh, and there are no consequences for performing good/bad in a particular scenario (games such as Arkham Horror/Flash Point/Pandemic).

I just love the idea of getting a group of heroes/pilots and see them progress through the campaign or suffer casualties along the campaign.

Unfortunately, BGG does not have such a category (I don't know how difficult it would be to implement). I was looking through the Solitaire games category but it's difficult to tell which ones have "progressive" campaigns.

I don't care what theme it is or if it's OOP. (Space, Fantasy, Horror, Wargames (miniatures or hex & counter are all more than welcome).

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jcikal wrote:
I'm interested in solitaire games with the following criteria:

CRITERIA:
1) MUST be soloable
2) MUST have a progressive campaign where the outcome does matter from scenario to scenario.

Games I'm interested are Hornet Leader and Descent where you play several missions in a campaign and where your group either progress in power/skills or wither and die in a mission.

Doesn't descent require an overlord?

Moving along, in addition to the Hornet/Apache/Phantom/U-Boat Leader, there's the Field Commander Rommel/Alexander/Napoleon/Nimitz games also by Dan Verssen Games.

Does a game that isn't really broken into discreet scenarios count? Something like Silent War/Steel Wolves?

How about the Ambush! series. I don't know enough about them to say.

Those are the ones off the top of my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from General Gaming to Recommendations

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Menozzi
Italy
Reggio Emilia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it's not out yet, but if you have patience and money to invest you might want to consider backing Myth. I think it can really be what you're looking for

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ole Enes Ebbesen
Norway
Bergen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this 7 adventure campaign does what you are asking for:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/957751/the-return-of-mad...

If I understand it correctly you need to have no less than 3 games to play it:
Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game
Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game
Dungeons & Dragons: Castle Ravenloft Board Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LargeGoblin
msg tools
I know I recommend this game in every thread, but I'm not affiliated with DVG. Thunderbolt Apache Leader has the stuff you're looking for. Damage to your planes, dead/injured pilots, the enemy army, etc. all carry over from day to day. It's also made for one player and is a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.