United States
Coral Gables
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in solitaire games with the following criteria:

CRITERIA:
1) MUST be soloable
2) MUST have a progressive campaign where the outcome does matter from scenario to scenario.

Games I'm interested are Hornet Leader and Descent where you play several missions in a campaign and where your group either progress in power/skills or wither and die in a mission.

I'm not interested in solitaire games where you play a scenario and when you go to the next scenario you start fresh, and there are no consequences for performing good/bad in a particular scenario (games such as Arkham Horror/Flash Point/Pandemic).

I just love the idea of getting a group of heroes/pilots and see them progress through the campaign or suffer casualties along the campaign.

Unfortunately, BGG does not have such a category (I don't know how difficult it would be to implement). I was looking through the Solitaire games category but it's difficult to tell which ones have "progressive" campaigns.

I don't care what theme it is or if it's OOP. (Space, Fantasy, Horror, Wargames (miniatures or hex & counter are all more than welcome).

Any help will be deeply appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep your eye on the Pathfinder Card Game coming out this summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Lury
United States
Blowing rock
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fields of fire from gmt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe both Legends of Andor and Mice and Mystics have full campaign modes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stu Jones
United States
Clearfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's story-based, but Doctor Who: Solitaire Story Game can be played a variety of different ways. You can certainly play a progressive campaign with your own Doctor(s), or mirror any/all of the actual Doctors from the show, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
I believe both Legends of Andor and Mice and Mystics have full campaign modes.

In Legends of Andor, from everything I know, the outcome of one scenario has no effect on the next scenario. So it is not what the OP is looking for.

Mice and Mystics allows you to keep one item and all of your skills as you progress from chapter to chapter, and also has story-based achievements that (I believe) change the outcome of later events, so that is a great choice.

There are several solo games that you could play as a campaign even if they were not designed that way. Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game comes to mind. Using just the base game, you can create three "trips" through the Space Hulk, the first using one group of 3 squads, the second using the remaining 3, and the final using all marines who survived the first two rounds. Of course, you can't really go beyond 3 rounds unless you bring in some of the expansion materials.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Menozzi
Italy
Reggio Emilia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It isn't out yet, but if you have the patience and some money to put in the project, Myth might be the one for you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Infantry
I am not sold on the game, but I hear it shines if you play the campaign mode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shingold wrote:
dorktron2000 wrote:
Keep your eye on the Pathfinder Card Game coming out this summer.

I'm mostly a solo player as well. I've been looking for something that meets these criteria as well. I've been waiting, eagerly, for the Pathfinder card game for this reason! It looks really neat.

I have all of the D&D Adventure System games. They're great. I haven't tried playing one as a campaign though. Not yet anyway. I just haven't had the time.

I've been thinking about buying those for a while. I think if WotC would just release a Dragonlance box, I would be all over it. Greyhawk, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.