Subject: Cards to replace tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone made cards to replace the tokens? This could make the entire game fit in a card box rather than the already small box it came in. I know there wouldn't be a huge space savings, but when traveling every bit helps. I found the images that are available to replace the tokens in Race for the Galaxy, and wanted to do the same for this game. Thanks in advance for any information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Stone
United States
Monroe
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The cards would be easy enough to make from what I have saved, but I don't see where you are gaining anything. That is 60 extra cards plus the original deck of 55 cards. Compared to the cost in time and money of manufacturing 60 new cards I don't see the benefit.

If you want to save space, use a score pad instead of the tokens. I feel it should be pretty easy to make one in a pocketmod format. There is enough room there for the three-game set plus title page and some notes. Hmm, if this is something you would find useful, let me know. It sounds like a fun little project.

I recently redid the tokens myself, but to make them bigger! Mom likes the game, but had a hard time with the tokens for some reason. Scanned, printed to label paper and stuck to some nice poker chips. After using them for a while, I like them better as well. Something about the extra weight feels good and they are a lot easier to use. (I'll get a picture posted later.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to put pictures of the tokens onto poker chips. How did you do it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.