Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is an early try by me at deck building Jinteki - keep in mind I only own one Core set when looking at it....

Jinteki - Personal Evolution

AGENDAS

Nisei Mk II 3
Fetal AI 3
Private Security Force 2
Braintrust 3

ICE

Chum 2
Data Mine 2
Chimera 3
Pop Up Window 3
Tollbooth 3
Hunter 2
Draco 3
Wall of Thorns 3

OTHERS

Snare 3
Junebug 3
Pad Campaign 3
Closed Accounts 2
Trick of Light 3
Edge of World 3
Sunset 3

51 Cards
Splashed 11 from NBN

It's a strange deck - sort of Jinteki with a bit more economy plus cards to attack the Runner economy. It has loads of relatively cheap ICE because of Edge of the World. I also tried to stock up on the more exotic ICE types because there are only a VERY few Icebreakers that can interact with them.

It's probably not the best deck out there, but it's a thought on a Jinteki way to fight noise (for example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Denning
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not so weird as you think, several folks have floated similar decks around. I think another important point is that EotW does not require rezed ICE to fire- just ICE protecting the server.

So you don't have to have cheap ICE just to work with EotW. However cheap ICE help Jinteki economically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Silver
United States
Lino Lakes
Minnesota
flag msg tools
C'mon You Loons!
badge
United FC! -----------The Team for Me! ---- Minnesota! ----------- L-O-V-E! -------------
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want more money. I'd think about adding Melange Mining Corp. Extra asset to bluff with and you've got the room to go to 54 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good thought. Melange would give me some more cash and I have the open slots for it.

I also considered some Neural Katanas but as I have a lot of Code Gates already I did not want to be excessively vulnerable to Fracters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What's Hunter doing in there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically it is cheap ice I did not need to splash and it gets a tag too (I need taggers for Closed Accounts to be worthwhile).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Asher
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joelist wrote:
Good thought. Melange would give me some more cash and I have the open slots for it.

I also considered some Neural Katanas but as I have a lot of Code Gates already I did not want to be excessively vulnerable to Fracters.

My brain just exploded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Joelist wrote:

Jackie Chan says:

"Neural Katana is a Sentry.
Fracters break Barriers, not Code Gates
."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joelist wrote:
I also tried to stock up on the more exotic ICE types because there are only a VERY few Icebreakers that can interact with them.

Exotic ice "types"? You mean "type", singular, as in "trap" type? Only data mine is a trap type ice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
beelzeben wrote:
Joelist wrote:

My brain just exploded.

I actually want that on a t-shirt. I'LL MAKE IT HAPPEN.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Asher
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
Joelist wrote:
I also tried to stock up on the more exotic ICE types because there are only a VERY few Icebreakers that can interact with them.

Exotic ice "types"? You mean "type", singular, as in "trap" type? Only data mine is a trap type ice.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing 'mythic' was the other type to warrant plurality.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dem sunsets. Without Cell Portal. You have 2 chums as the only ice that cares about position.

Also, 51 cards. You could add 3, or cut one card and you get to cut an agenda.

"sort of Jinteki with a bit more economy"
- Most Jinteki decks play some economy. You play only Pads.

So you should say 'sort of Jinteki but with even less economy'.

Ooh, and no Hedge Funds.
Man, its so important to play sunset and move my ice around. I'd totally rather do that than gain $4 off hedge fund.

Next you should go post us your magic deck without land or mana sources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Asher
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
-snip-

You should take some of the condescension out of your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Tamburo
United States
Justice
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I had a major brain fart there with saying Neural Katana is a Code Gate. That's what I get for trying to do this stuff on the fly by hand instead of using a card database builder tool.

Realistically that deck has issues no doubt. I didn't put in sufficient income for Jinteki (I imagine Melange should help that) and was probably being too cute with some of the ice (and yes I was thinking of Chimera as another exotic ice because it can morph its type - hence it frequently can only be accessed by the same breakers that can hit Data Mine).

I did also consider Cell Portal as an alternative to Neural Katanas because otherwise it is true the Sunsets otherwise lack some utility.

Truthfully I am also handicapping myself a bit in choice of Corp too - I admit I prefer Jinteki to the others. Really my line of thought might even be better pursued by splashing some Jinteki into an NBN deck. I may try that next but Jinteki's whole play style appeals to me more.

Oh, and FYI if Alex ever read others posts consistently he would know I despise Magic the Gathering...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.