10 Posts

Star Wars: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fall of the Sith objective question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J W
msg tools
mbmbmb
I just played my first game today, and had a quick timing question regarding Fall of the Sith.

The text on the card reads - After your draw phase begins, place 1 card from your hand on the bottom of your deck

Does this happen before or after I draw back up to 6? I'm guessing before, but just checking for clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it happens before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, in case you didn't realize it, the response is optional, not forced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J W
msg tools
mbmbmb
franklincobb wrote:
Also, in case you didn't realize it, the response is optional, not forced.

Did not - thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antares CD
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The next question that usually gets asked by new players is what is the point of that ability then. The answer to that is it lets you cycle out an additional card you don't want from your hand (since in the Draw Phase you can only discard a single card). Using this objective you can get rid of 2 cards (the normal discard plus the one you place at the bottom of your deck) before you draw, giving you a better chance to draw something you do want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Blakeney
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AntaresCD wrote:
The next question that usually gets asked by new players is what is the point of that ability then. The answer to that is it lets you cycle out an additional card you don't want from your hand (since in the Draw Phase you can only discard a single card). Using this objective you can get rid of 2 cards (the normal discard plus the one you place at the bottom of your deck) before you draw, giving you a better chance to draw something you do want.

...and it allows you to drop that second card from your hand WITHOUT discarding it, thereby reducing the chances of you eventually running out of cards in your command deck.

As if THAT ever happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hundreds wrote:
AntaresCD wrote:

...and it allows you to drop that second card from your hand WITHOUT discarding it, thereby reducing the chances of you eventually running out of cards in your command deck.

As if THAT ever happens.

It happened once to me. But I've played a lot of games and and that was the only time I've seen it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Blakeney
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:
hundreds wrote:
AntaresCD wrote:

As if THAT ever happens.

It happened once to me. But I've played a lot of games and and that was the only time I've seen it.

I'm guessing you at the LEAST had Reconnaissance Mission out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Leeman
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soulryder wrote:

The text on the card reads - After your draw phase begins, place 1 card from your hand on the bottom of your deck

Are we sure this is optional? It looks like it's mandatory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Lopez
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheMadjai wrote:
soulryder wrote:

Are we sure this is optional? It looks like it's mandatory.

Yes, it is an optional Reaction to a triggering condition. Page 25 clears this up. Also remember that there are Forced Reactions, like the enhancement, Intimidated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.