Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the Acid Attack card. I'm not in Tokyo. I'm low on health, so I'd rather not be in Tokyo. I manage to roll no claws on my dice. Does the one damage I do to the King of Tokyo count as an attack, allowing him to yield Tokyo to me? Or can the King only yield to a claw result on a die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: If I remember correctly and Acid Attack is
Edit2: See the next messages for what Acid Attack is.

(If the card were "Deal 1 additional damage when you attack", then no damage is dealt when you roll no claws, because you do not attack).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Sagel
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, the card says something like "Deal 1 aditional damage even if you don't otherwise attack." So you deal damage even if you don't roll any claws.
To me, the "otherwise" suggests that Acid Attack counts as a kind of an attack itself, so we have house-ruled that you'd have to go to Tokyo. But the rules don't mention it afaik.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David Goldfarb wrote:
I have the Acid Attack card. I'm not in Tokyo. I'm low on health, so I'd rather not be in Tokyo. I manage to roll no claws on my dice. Does the one damage I do to the King of Tokyo count as an attack, allowing him to yield Tokyo to me? Or can the King only yield to a claw result on a die?

The text of the card is:

Quote:
Deal 1 extra damage each turn (even when you don't otherwise attack).

Therefore, you are NOT attacking and the monster in Tokyo cannot yield since he can only yield to a monster who attacked him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IelloGames wrote:
you are NOT attacking and the monster in Tokyo cannot yield since he can only yield to a monster who attacked him.

That's what I argued, but the other players used Marcel Sagel's argument, pointing out that the name of the card has "attack" in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Must be an attack action, just dealing damage isn't enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dice damage is the only type of damage someone can yield tokyo, unless other card effects specifically say so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
Edit: If I remember correctly and Acid Attack is When the card is "Deal 1 additional damage when you attack", then no damage is dealt when you roll no claws (because you do not attack).

That's not Acid Attack. You might want to remove this post to avoid confusing others...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.