BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: In search for "Not In Front of the Audience" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
The comedy group "Not the Nine O'Clock News", popular in the 1980's, created several albums of their songs and sketches. One of these, "The Memory Kinda Lingers", was once released with a bonus record of a live stage performance of the group. This bonus record was called "Not in Front of the Audience". It contained many sketches which are not found on their other records, nor in the television shows (such as "Alien", "Simon and Garfunkel", and "The Return of Constable Savage", the last even more zany than the original Constable Savage sketch).

While the group's other albums and television shows have been re-released on DVD and CD, "Not in Front of the Audience" was only printed once, on vinyl, and was not re-published afterwards. I did have a tape of that record, but lost it at some point. I would be very interested to purchase a CD or MP3 of this record, but, as I said, as far as I know it is completely unavailable now.

I more or less have given up on finding that record ever again (and not on vinyl, because I could not play it anyway), but in a last-ditch effort I call upon the power of the geek to see if anyone has an idea on how to acquire it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
hellothere1 wrote:
Hi,

If you google that album name. with the word torrent, it is available. And although it shows as 0 torrents, it is being shared.Lifesaver for me since my ancient copy consisted og mangled cassette tape now.

Good luck!

And Dibs to you too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
hellothere1 wrote:
Hi,

If you google that album name. with the word torrent, it is available. And although it shows as 0 torrents, it is being shared.Lifesaver for me since my ancient copy consisted og mangled cassette tape now.

Good luck!

Thank you, but this is a really old thread. I've been able to obtain the album in the meantime -- through the power of the Geek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.