Le Havre» Forums » Rules

Subject: Marketplace - Start building rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Sjöstrand
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The "A Sample First Round" section of the Buildings Overview describes a first round in a 3 player game playing the full version of the game.

Already on the very first first turn after choosing to take the Francs from the Franc Offer space it is explained that the red player could take an additional action to buy the Marketplace for 6 Francs.

Reading the forums here att BGG it seems the extra start building are only used on the short version of the game. The marketplace should then only be placed as a start building in a solo or 2 player game whe playing the short version.

So what am I missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
The Marketplace is labelled number 1 and will therefore be at the top of one of the building stacks. The top building of each stack may either be built or bought. I believe that is what is happening in what you described, i.e. the Marketplace is bought from the top of one of the building stacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
United States
Summit
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Buying a building (which includes those in the town and on the top of each building stack) is not another action.

Taking the francs and buying the marketplace is a very common first turn action in Le Havre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Sjöstrand
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification guys. For some reason I thought that only buildings owned by the town were available for purchase and that the top buildings in the tree piles were only available to build (and not for purchase).

It all makes sense now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.