Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game details:

A semi-hidden roles game. The possible roles in the game are listed below, but the setup is unknown. Full reveal upon death. All viewing roles receive a N0 view.

Two teams, no neutrals, no conversion.

Evil is the informed minority. Good is the uninformed majority.

Good wins if all max evil roles are eliminated. Evil wins if max evil roles reach parity with all other roles.

I can run this game with 13-17 players depending on interest.

Max evil roles:

Werewolf: Shares a chat with all other werewolves and ancient werewolves, who jointly control the night-kill.

Ancient Werewolf: Counts as two max evils for parity purposes. Upon death, may retaliate and kill a target of its choice. Shares a chat with all other werewolves and ancient werewolves, who jointly control the night-kill.

Wolf cub: The first time any max evil role is eliminated, one wolf cub at random joins the werewolf chat at dawn and from then on jointly control the night-kill.

Aux evil roles:

Traitor: No special abilities.

Cultist: Starts the game knowing the names of all max evil roles, but not their exact roles.

Sorcerer: May view one person each night, and is told if the target is a seer or not.

Witch: May hex one person each night, and if the target has a viewing ability it will be blocked. May not hex the same target on consecutive nights.

Good roles:

Villager: No special abilities.

Woodcutter: Upon death, may retaliate and kill a target of its choice.

Hunter: If the max evil roles reach parity but a number of hunters at least equal to the number of max evil roles are still alive, good wins instead of evil.

Martyr: May protect one person each night, and if the target is night-killed then the martyr will die instead.

Mason: All masons share a chat.

Lover: All lovers share a chat. If one lover dies, so do all others.

Wolf Seer: May view one person each night, and is told if the target is a max evil role or not.

Aux Seer: May view one person each night, and is told if the target is an aux evil role or not.

Alignment Seer: May view one person each night, and is told if the target is an evil role or not.

Apprentice Seer: The first time any seer is eliminated, one apprentice seer at random inherits their viewing abilities at dawn, along with a random negative view.

Tinker: All viewing abilities targetting a tinker will receive a positive hit.

Standard rules:

Do not delete posts. Do not edit any post for content. Minor edits, for example to fix typos or quote tags, are acceptable, but please note what you edited. Do not edit vote posts at all.

No encryption. No white text. No size-zero text. No out-of-game communication.

Do not quote from private chats, including mod chat, or copy/paste any information from Cassie. Paraphrasing is fine.

Do not post between Dusk and the lynch result. Do not post between Dawn and the kill result. Do not post after you have been killed.

Schedule details:

Start date: When full
Dusk: 12:30 geektime / 18:30 UK time
Dawn: 13:00 geektime / 19:00 UK time

Changes from previous versions:

Slight changes/clarifications to Wolf Cub, Apprentice Seer, and Hunter roles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Occult II - in signup - 0/13-17
Player List According to Cassandra:
Carrillo
chardir
CrimsonFox
Dake
Dekal
Irina_Phoenix
jamgar
Javal
kimapesan
Laladien
Phelanpt
redshark92
TommyDanger
twomillionbucks
Vidarrr
ZenMonkey11

16 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/9622...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do people feel about a shorter night?

Dusk at 12:30 and dawn at 13:00 would be better for me, but I don't know if a half-hour night is too short.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
How do people feel about a shorter night?

Dusk at 12:30 and dawn at 13:00 would be better for me, but I don't know if a half-hour night is too short.
As one of the previous edition's wolves, I felt like we didn't need the whole hour. I think half hour is fine. I'd ask one of the good specials, and/or the auxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I just found Cassandra dabbling in the occult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Occult II - in signup - 1/13-17
Quote:
Evil wins if max evil roles reach parity with all other roles.

Are these... non-parity aux evils?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:
Quote:

There were auxes in the first game. At least one player assumed there couldn't be any because I don't like them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
twomillionbucks wrote:
Quote:

There were auxes in the first game. At least one player assumed there couldn't be any because I don't like them.
Huh. I don't remember that. We just assumed there was at least one, as far as I can remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
Nuance over novelty
mbmbmbmbmb
In the previous game, I don't think good had a chance to win because there were 2 hunters in the game. If the same rule is being carried forward (there can be from zero to many of any role) then evil will be able to hide anywhere without fear of a claim battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SaiSaysPlayGo wrote:
In the previous game, I don't think good had a chance to win because there were 2 hunters in the game. If the same rule is being carried forward (there can be from zero to many of any role) then evil will be able to hide anywhere without fear of a claim battle.
Nah. People assumed too many things there. You were one of the hunters, right? If you hadn't gone after Lala as you did, you two might have survived.
Yes, the lack of information is bad for good.
But it would have been awful for evil too, if we hadn't had amazing auxes. I thought you were an aux for quite a while there, if I remember correctly. I was only thinking of two hunters close to the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've said this before, and will say it again: If you're playing a Blacksheep hidden roles game, turn off any and all preconceptions before lift-off.

I think lots of the assumptions that were made by good went bad, while the wolves' assumptions went good. We nk'd two seers, for instance.

It could have gone the other way, if we had nk'd auxes instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed I'm the only one signed up for this? What gives?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think hidden/semi-hidden rolesets are a guaranteed evil win, or anything close to it. Yes, they're harder on good than open rolesets, but these aren't deliberate mod-FUD games like some of my hidden stuff.

There was a poll on player preferences that seemed to indicate a leaning towards hidden roles with full reveal, so I figured a Lycanthropolis-style setup would be worth bringing back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Occult II - in signup - 2/13-17
Phelan went and fetched me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
SaiSaysPlayGo wrote:

What? I haven't read the first game, but I highly doubt having a second hunter is solely responsible for the loss...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
SaiSaysPlayGo wrote:
Nah. People assumed too many things there. You were one of the hunters, right? If you hadn't gone after Lala as you did, you two might have survived.
Yes, the lack of information is bad for good.
But it would have been awful for evil too, if we hadn't had amazing auxes. I thought you were an aux for quite a while there, if I remember correctly. I was only thinking of two hunters close to the end.

This. If having two hunters is a problem, I'm willing to bet it's because people are letting their assumptions guide them too much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Reil
United States
Barre
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Occult II - in signup - 3/13-17
By the hoary hordes of Hoggoth!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Occult II - in signup - 6/13-17
Bump.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Why's the sky blue? Why's water wet?
badge
Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Occult II - in signup - 6/13-17
I just made an offering to the Demon Princess, Cassandra
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Sellers
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Try again later!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Occult II - in signup - 7/13-17
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Q. Dangerpants, esq
United States
Westford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Occult II - in signup - 8/13-17
I just filled up Cassandracup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vidar Ambrosiani
Sweden
Nyköping
Södermanland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Occult II - in signup - 9/13-17
Hidden roles, mmmmm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Occult II - in signup - 10/13-17
If you are signed up for this game, please consider joining one of my other games as well.

They're very different games, but they're all running in the same timeslot and struggling to fill.

Thank you.

Vostok

A Canterlot Wedding
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh Captain! My Captain!
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Occult II - in signup - 10/13-17
'Sup, thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Occult II - in signup - 13/13-17
And we're at thirteen. Time to start coming up with a roleset.

Still time to sign up if you want in, but hurry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [68] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.