Popular Tags: [View All]
James Austin
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey,

I'm wondering if anyone can help. I've only just bought the core game (brand new from a FLGS) - I've carefully unpacked it and have been reading through the cards. - however I can't find the 'Weyland Corporation?' ID card. I've checked the whole box.

I've looked online and can see that it has a big 'W' on it. - I definately don't have it!

I've contacted FantasyFlight Games, but I don't know how much they'll be willing to help. - I find it hard to believe that they would accidentally miss out a card when they all appear to machine packed and sealed.

Has anyone got any experience in this area? - In addition, is anyone aware of any datapacks that would have the Core Weyland Corp ID card in it again? - Thanks

OR... has anyone been eager enough to buy multiple sets of the core game, and happen to have a spare one of these cards they may consider parting with? (I'm happy to pay for shipping etc, I'm in the UK)

Thanks again,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kayati
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG is great about replacing missing cards and components from their games. I would imagine you'll be hearing from them soon.

You can check your cards to be certain none are stuck together. I've not had the problem Netrunner, but I've experienced it before with other cards games.

In the meantime, you can use a proxy for the card when playing Weyland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Austin
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks,

I've already checked that none are stuck together

I have to admit, of all the cards to loose, I'm glad it was a main IDcard. - These don't need to be mixed in with the deck, it won't matter if the proxy looks a little different.

That said, if anyone would be prepared to part with one of their own copies (for a price?) I'd be interested. - Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Austin
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow I love BGG. - It's barely been an hour and someone has already kindly messaged me offering to post over one of their spare copies.

A big thanks goes to
Ted Swalwell
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
Gamer in All Mediums
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We should popularise alternative art identity cards and make more of them

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/954071/alternative-corp-iden...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lothar Neu
Germany
Sarstedt
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Don't worry.
If you write FFG costumer service they usual deliver easy replacement.

The third core set I bought had a really bad print on it.
The black ink (text) smeared when touching it.

I wrote costumer service, added some scans and they just told me they shipped replacements. (Were over 20 damaged cards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if Ffg will honor replacements for cards that are one-offs, because that might be a way to overcome the lumpy distribution...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Vandover
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Heh, Good that you got an offer, I was going to offer to send one of my extras. I only need the one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lothar Neu
Germany
Sarstedt
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
johncraven wrote:
I wonder if Ffg will honor replacements for cards that are one-offs, because that might be a way to overcome the lumpy distribution...

We will see.
One of the damaged cards was Corp Troubleshooter.

When I received replacements I can tell you what I got.

Under normal circumstances every card in the set has the same probability to be damage / lost.

Considering that cards would be ordered in the same amount they are included... unless people cheat to get extra copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
If they have the ability to replace any card, do you think you can offer to buy a pack from FFG that fills up your core?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johncraven wrote:
If they have the ability to replace any card, do you think you can offer to buy a pack from FFG that fills up your core?

Certainly they'll tell you to take a hike. And if anyone has the gall to ask FFG to send them missing cards that amount to exactly 11 of the singles, I'd love to see what the outcome will be

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Austin
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll let you guys know what FFG come back with. - I'm still currently waiting to hear back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Austin
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's been 3-4 days and I still haven't heard anything back from them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Austin
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just a quick note to let people know that Fantasy Flight Games got in touch last night. They have already shipped out another card for me. How kind of them. - Top Marks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
godthedj wrote:
Just a quick note to let people know that Fantasy Flight Games got in touch last night. They have already shipped out another card for me. How kind of them. - Top Marks!

ACE! I hope noone abuses this kind of generosity

(Even if it *is* called social hacking...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johncraven wrote:

Why would anyone want to cheat them that way? Why would anyone want to take advantage of their great customer service that way? Especially since the predictable end result is to stop offering this kind or level of service to their LCG players?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.