Heart of Crown» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple of questions regarding english translation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm almost finished translating the cards to spanish. I've been using both translations to help me out (Plastic Rhombus and Canon Chase's) but there are a few cards where the translation is a little bit different or it adds something missing in the other translation and it affects the gameplay.

Can you please, guys, tell me which option is more accurate in the following cards?:

A)

Exorcise the evil beast: Each opponent with a hand of five or
more
chooses to discard a card of cost 5 or more.

Demon Banishing: All opponents must discard a card of cost 5 or more.

B)

Witch of the Star Song: X is the number of action cards played
before this card.
Look at the top X cards of your deck.

Witch of Star-Reading: Draw an amount of cards equal to the number of Action cards played so far this turn (including this one).

C)

Shinobi: Choose an action card other than Shinobi from your discard pile. You immediatly gain this card's effect (if this was an attack card, your opponent may play defense cards). Acquire an additional copy of this card from the Market.

Shinobi:
Choose an Action card in your discard pile other than "Shinobi".
Gain the effect of that Action card.
"Shinobi" is treated as the Card Type of the Action card selected.

If you select an Attack card, opponents are allowed to defend.
You do not gain Links from the card selected.

D)

Hideout: Hideout cannot be placed in Keep.
Add all face-up cards from the top of your deck to your hand.
Reveal this card at time of defense:
Place any number of Right to Sucession or Territory cards from your hand to the top of your deck, face-up.

Hideout: This card cannot be Kept.

Add all the cards that are revealed on top of your deck into your hand.

When you are targeted by an Attack card, you may reveal this card.
Place as many Action or Succession cards as you want from your hand face-up on top of your deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sorry, guys, don't hate me, but I forgot to ask about the Twin Princesses meeple

Which interpretation is correct?

Twin Princesses Rain and Shion: When Twin Princesses Rain and Shion are fielded, place X Twin counters on this card, where X is the number of Princesses already fielded.

Twin Princesses, Rain & Shion: At the time you choose to support Rain & Shion, place a number of counters on "Rain & Shion" equal to the number of Princesses supported, including this one.

This is the last one, I promise modest

And once again, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canon Chase
United States
San Jose
CA
flag msg tools
Thanks for the proofreading. It helps me make sure my translations are accurate, especially with some of my friends trying to bend the rules at every possible place. I usually check my translations against illuCalab's PC game to make sure it's accurate, although there might have been one or two i forgot.

I'm in a bit of a hurry this morning so I'll just cross-ref against the Japanese wording again for these:

A) It only affects players with 5 or more cards in hand.

B) The count of action cards played includes the current one IIRC. This is so that if you play it by itself, you'd still get some small benefit, similar to Bank.

C) Pretty sure there's no gaining of the cloned card. That would be really powerful otherwise, it'd be like a targeted Witch of Enchantments.

D) Hideout lets you put Action or Succession cards on top of your deck.

E) Rain/Shion give you 1 counter if you're the first princess, 2 if you're the second, etc...

ALSO correction i need to make from playtesting...
Apparently "Bank" only gives +X where X is Banks, Towns (2 coin), and Cities (3 coins) played... it doesn't give any for Villages @_@ it tricked me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you so much, Canon, you are a lifesaver! laugh

My game is on its way as of this morning. Can't wait to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plastic Rhombus
msg tools
ugh man, canon is so much faster at replying than me! lol sorry, been busy with work and pasting up el alamein (which is taking eternity +4)

aanywho, canon seems to have answered most fo your questions pretty conclusively, but for starters on more corrections (lawl round fifteen, i feel like I translated drunk or something), here's the japanese for the line in question in shinobi

その時、「シノビ」は選んだ行動カードのカードタイプを追加で得る

At this time, 得る (i consistently translated this as acquire, or rather tried to consistently lol) an action card with a similar type to this card.

So actually, retranslating, my translation WAS wrong, but it's even better than THAT hahaha. So like, if it was an attack and military, you could get a card that's either of those types (since all cards are concurrently all of their types and sub-types)

LIES ALL LIES. The verb is referring to shinobi as the subject and the card type as the object, so canon's translation is totally right lawl.

... grammar is definitely my weak point :3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaha, no worries, you do look very busy laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.