Subject: Simple question about hex placement with the Explore action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon R
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know when choosing the Explore action you must first declare where you are going to place the hex, then draw it and choose to place or discard - but you can pick from WHICHEVER pile ( I, II or III) you want correct?

You do not have to first fill out the I ring, then fill out the II ring, then III. I could say on the first turn of the game, decide to flip a III tile if I wanted correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manary Corte
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
Best game of all time...
badge
...Twilight Imperium 3!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nerdsbeware wrote:
I know when choosing the Explore action you must first declare where you are going to place the hex, then draw it and choose to place or discard - but you can pick from WHICHEVER pile ( I, II or III) you want correct?

You do not have to first fill out the I ring, then fill out the II ring, then III. I could say on the first turn of the game, decide to flip a III tile if I wanted correct?

Correct, but you have to draw from the pile which matches the ring you are exploring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ManCorte wrote:
Nerdsbeware wrote:

Correct, but you have to draw from the pile which matches the ring you are exploring.
To clarify:
* If you choose a space that is directly adjacent to the Galactic Center, you MUST draw from the "I" pile.
* If you choose a space that is two "hops" away from the Galactic Center (i.e., a space adjacent to where a "I" tile would go), you MUST draw from the "II" pile.
* If you choose a space anywhere else, you MUST draw from the "III" pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon R
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, cool! Thanks, at least we did that part right haha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.