Subject: Elrond and out of sphere allies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D Tse
Canada
Ottawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I know elrond can use resources to pay for non-lore allies. But this doesn't make him a non-lore hero. So if you were putting say a tactics ally into play with Vilya and you had no tactics heros, can you still do that? 0 cost cards can be cast but you still have to have a hero with that resource icon. I guess same applies to bringing kili/fili into play f you are missing a hero of one of those spheres

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dimsumboy wrote:
So I know elrond can use resources to pay for non-lore allies. But this doesn't make him a non-lore hero. So if you were putting say a tactics ally into play with Vilya and you had no tactics heros, can you still do that? 0 cost cards can be cast but you still have to have a hero with that resource icon. I guess same applies to bringing kili/fili into play f you are missing a hero of one of those spheres

Vilya can put card a card into play even if you do not have a hero that matches the resource icon.

If you are going to play a 0 cost card from your hand then you must have a hero with that resource icon.

If you only have leadership heroes, and you play Fili (leadership) you can still play Kili (spirit)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nehima
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Tracker1 wrote:
Vilya can put card a card into play even if you do not have a hero that matches the resource icon.

If you are going to play a 0 cost card from your hand then you must have a hero with that resource icon.

If you only have leadership heroes, and you play Fili (leadership) you can still play Kili (spirit)

Yeah.
There's a difference between...
... a zero cost card ( = need a ressource match)
... and a card with no cost or a card that is just put into play by another card (Vilya, Fili/Kili, Stand and Fight etc) ( = no need for a match)

The question with Vilya in particular is even explained in the new FAQ at page 11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ys jo
msg tools
Here is the key difference.

If you wish to play any cost card (includig 0), you must have hero belonging to that sphere of influence (does not have to be printed sphere, i.e. Songs or Narvi's Belt).

If you wish to put into play a card by a card effect (i.e. Vilya, Kili/Fili, Sneak Attack, Stand and Fight), you only need to pay (or activate) the card that triggers the 'put into play' effect, not the card that is being put into play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Agios Nikolaos - Anavyssos
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if you have Elrond and Vilya you can practically play any top deck card if you exhaust them, correct ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nehima
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Nickpes wrote:
So if you have Elrond and Vilya you can practically play any top deck card if you exhaust them, correct ?

As long as it's not a Resonse Event tied to a (unmet) requirement.
There are many examples: Valiant Sacrifice, Swift Strike, ...
Event cards with Actions tied to a specific phase (Combat Action, Refresh Action) also won't work (unless you are in the mentioned phase ofc): Feint, Peace, and Thought, ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Agios Nikolaos - Anavyssos
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A bit offtopic, but how does the healing thing on Elrond works ? Whenever another character heals a point, Elrond heal on point to himself or to the other character ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nickpes wrote:
A bit offtopic, but how does the healing thing on Elrond works ? Whenever another character heals a point, Elrond heal on point to himself or to the other character ?

Elrond heals a point on the character that was healed. So basically all your heal X becomes heal X+1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
andrewbwm wrote:
Nickpes wrote:

Elrond heals a point on the character that was healed. So basically all your heal X becomes heal X+1.

And if I understand it correctly, that ability is automatically triggered - not optional. So if you try to heal the injured turkey in Stage 2 of Journey to Rhosgobel, Elrond will automatically heal one point as well and be removed from the game. Makes it a bit more challenging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Wolff
msg tools
Beaveman wrote:

And if I understand it correctly, that ability is automatically triggered - not optional. So if you try to heal the injured turkey in Stage 2 of Journey to Rhosgobel, Elrond will automatically heal one point as well and be removed from the game. Makes it a bit more challenging.

The ability is listed as a "response" on his card. Responses are optional, so the controller doesn't have to use this ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.