Popular Tags: More_Meat_In_A_Can [+] [View All]
Bradley Knoll
Canada
Shilo
Manitoba
flag msg tools
MMP Disliker
badge
Soldier for Up Front, but is my back to the Volga or the Spree river?
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam Hook has just finished the Soviets. Here is a small sample before Rik posts the whole plate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 5 nationalities + 10 stretch ones.
A honest question: will there be one news thread for each one of them???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sancherib wrote:

He suggests there might be two threads for this one.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Knoll
Canada
Shilo
Manitoba
flag msg tools
MMP Disliker
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes there will be.

Why?

I want to give people a chance to talk about the specific art in an isolated thread. These are professional artists each with their unique style. A great conversation developed in the Australian post where people made comments and asked question specifically about the Australians in Up Front. I do not want these great conversations and opportunities for players to ask questions about specific art lost in a huge long thread that everything just haphazardly dumped into.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Knoll
Canada
Shilo
Manitoba
flag msg tools
MMP Disliker
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
Sancherib wrote:

He suggests there might be two threads for this one.

B>

Yes I mentioned the Soviets before, but that was in the post introducing myself as a part of the team and what I was doing. I will not be creating multiple threads about the same nation. One nation=one thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bk_otj wrote:
Yes there will be.

Why?

I want to give people a chance to talk about the specific art in an isolated thread. These are professional artists each with their unique style. A great conversation developed in the Australian post where people made comments and asked question specifically about the Australians in Up Front. I do not want these great conversations and opportunities for players to ask questions about specific art lost in a huge long thread that everything just haphazardly dumped into.

Fair enough, it sounds logical.

But why now 1 thread/artist or something like that? Sorry, but 15 threads does border on shill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Knoll
Canada
Shilo
Manitoba
flag msg tools
MMP Disliker
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the full plate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They do look significantly less in quality to Ron's work. I guess nothing can be done about that. Good enough though I suppose. It would be nice to start seeing these soldiers placed in their actual card. Hey you should make a separate thread for when the cards start getting shown, that would really get people heated up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Pooba

Bowling Green
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I particularly like the two with their mouths open. The guy running looks like hes yelling commands. The officer though, what is he supposed to be doing with his hand out like that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha... sorry... but the guy in the lower left looks like a bomb went off close to him and he filled his pants up and is feeling uncomfortable about it at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
ericb wrote:
I particularly like the two with their mouths open. The guy running looks like hes yelling commands. The officer though, what is he supposed to be doing with his hand out like that?

I like them except for the officer. It looks like he is delivering an operatic solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Banister
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
Sayburr wrote:
Ha... sorry... but the guy in the lower left looks like a bomb went off close to him and he filled his pants up and is feeling uncomfortable about it at the moment.

Dang it! I read this post on my phone and started laughing at a very inappropriate time. I got several strange looks. Thought about explaining ... and then quickly thought better of it. So very funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

"Look at zat machinegunna..."

"Yaa yaa he runs like a girlie man!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Fung
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sayburr wrote:

Someone has to be the low morale guy that gets executed by the commissar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
These do look good, but I would agree that Ron's work is superior, most notably with the poses. Ron's poses look much more natural and look more like action shots than actual 'poses'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Would
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sayburr wrote:

As soon as I looked at then I knew which one you meant...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the officer is saying, 'how the f@*k did we end up in the middle of a stream!?'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Sancherib wrote:
bk_otj wrote:
Yes there will be.

Why?

But why now 1 thread/artist or something like that? Sorry, but 15 threads does border on shill.

They're trying to push the threads about the legal troubles off the front page. Does anyone buy that all of this was completed in just the last 5 days?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Sancherib wrote:
bk_otj wrote:
Yes there will be.

Why?

They're trying to push the threads about the legal troubles off the front page. Does anyone buy that all of this was completed in just the last 5 days?

This is the first time I've seen people complain so much about new threads. I mean, really? Look at any other game's forums. People start threads every day for a lot of different reasons. During KS campaigns, forums are inundated with new threads about anything and everything, and no one is complaining about the publisher or designer posting new art or news about the game!

What's the big deal, suddenly? Is BGG in danger of running out of space for new threads?

Or is it that "positive" or "non-negative" threads have no reason to be in the Up Front forums?

E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:

This is the first time I've seen people complain so much about new threads. I mean, really? Look at any other game's forums. People start threads every day for a lot of different reasons. During KS campaigns, forums are inundated with new threads about anything and everything, and no one is complaining about the publisher or designer posting new art or news about the game!

What's the big deal, suddenly? Is BGG in danger of running out of space for new threads?

Or is it that "positive" or "non-negative" threads have no reason to be in the Up Front forums?

E

The big deal is when new posts are created by the people involved with the game or publisher with the purpose of pushing negative threads off the front of the game's BGG page. It's plainly obvious that is the purpose of this recent spurt of postings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Knoll
Canada
Shilo
Manitoba
flag msg tools
MMP Disliker
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Sancherib wrote:
bk_otj wrote:
Yes there will be.

Why?

You seriously think that this is a plot? By your logic I guess if it got pushed off the front page everyone would just forget the whole court thing. I don't think BBG users would, they are a pretty smart bunch and can remember more than the 10 topics displayed on the front page. I am trying to keep everyone up to date on the art and show supporters that the project is moving forward.

5 days total. no. 5 days between pencil sketches and finished work, Adam can't work that fast.

Below is the first and last email. 04 & 15 April, 11 days start to finish. Keep in mind Adam is one of the faster artists working on Up Front.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert AMG
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Amiral wrote:

This is the first time I've seen people complain so much about new threads. ...

The big deal is when new posts are created by the people involved with the game or publisher with the purpose of pushing negative threads off ...

What's wrong with that?

I prefer to see the progress reports rather than new speculation threads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiral wrote:

Really? You must have not been subscribed to Up Front during the KS campaign when it was inundated with campaign update threads every day, sometimes more than one per day. Plenty of complaints about the spamming then as well.

One thread for the rules development was cool, and this one for art updates is helpful. A new thread for EVERY nationality is just obnoxious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:

The big deal is when new posts are created by the people involved with the game or publisher with the purpose of pushing negative threads off the front of the game's BGG page. It's plainly obvious that is the purpose of this recent spurt of postings.

Plainly obvious? Wow that's a leap of faith not even Indiana Jones would attempt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart glanvville
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ward wrote:
Amiral wrote:

Really? You must have not been subscribed to Up Front during the KS campaign when it was inundated with campaign update threads every day, sometimes more than one per day. Plenty of complaints from me about the spamming then as well.

One thread for the rules development was cool, and this one for art updates is helpful. A new thread for EVERY nationality is just obnoxious.

seeing as this is your favourite trick - i thought i'd help you out with what you were trying to say there.. whistle

i'm glad progress is being shown and can see both sides of the fence here, not sure pushing it off the Up front front page is the reason - i think it's more to quell a rising number of people attempting refunds.. I like the guy with the MG who's shouting anyways - he has human wave written all over him haha..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.