Robert Carroll
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll: [POLL] What is your favorite team to play?
What is your favorite team to play?
What is your favorite team to play?
Black Fangs
Champions of Death
Naggaroth Nightmares
      78 answers
Poll created by Nap16
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Carroll
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See Playing favorites . . . for more/similar polls . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Carroll
United States
Joplin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See POLL on the original teams at [POLL] What is your favorite team to play? . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
And what is your favorite team to play from all nine of them?
Athelorn Avengers
Black Fangs
Champions of Death
Chaos All-Stars
Naggaroth Nightmares
Gouged Eye
Grudgebearers
Reikland Reavers
Skavenblight Scramblers
      80 answers
Poll created by haslo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N R
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of the new teams, I really enjoy Champions of Death. The Black Fangs are good (slaughtered my friends this weekend with the Black Fangs) but I prefer the more useful downed abilities of CoD. I have yet to try the Dark Elves so I can't really comment on them.

As to the all of the races, I lean towards Chaos. Fouling is a double-edged sword but can lead to some great upsets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Athelorn Avengers all the way.

I have rotten luck with cheating. Last game i played with the Skavens, i lost 4 players to whistles in a single turn. Got 6 overall in the course of the game. So any team that does not cheat gets a plus in my book.

With the expansion, the enchanted balls make the Wood Elves even more powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Bob
United States
Beachwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mb
I've found the reverse, the enchanted balls make the Wood Elves and Skaven not as strong imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Notmyrealname
msg tools
From the new batch, my favourites are the Dark Elves. I actually find them the hardest to win with, but I enjoy them best because I enjoy high risk and decision making: the Dark Elves have lots of that!

Assassins, for example. Any Dauntless player is always going to be a risky proposition, as to get the most out of them you need to throw them at high value star players or big guys. And do you play them early for a Sprint, or late when juicy targets are out? And do you even try 2 dice blocks against to grab the ball when the time is right?
Witch Elves... do you take the cheat token or not? By default, you've got better odds of getting more benefit than harm if you do, but what if the 1/5 risk of being sent off is big enough to make the potential gains not worthwhile? Its a mind-**** enough to have to play guys with cheating tokens in the first place, but being asked to CHOOSE whether to add a token or not? That's a headache.

Decision-making at every turn!

In terms of favourite team overall, its the Reikland Reavers, for no other reason than because I have fond memories of Griff Oberwald arrogantly kicking ass in the board game, and its a joy to have him play as captain of his proper team.
In play terms, they're also very satisfying to play, as you have to adjust your style according to your opposition, build synergies, etc.
Helps too that they're probably the strongest team in the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Notmyrealname
msg tools
Stallion12 wrote:
I've found the reverse, the enchanted balls make the Wood Elves and Skaven not as strong imo.

Its a tough call, I think.

On the one hand, its a lot harder to win matches, as a consistent +2 Star Power was dead handy, and mostly you don't want to sprint or block or cheat with your Elf Thrower or Skaven Gutter Runner.

On the other hand, its nice to be able to get more fans even when you lose a match. The Skaven had this as their shtick already, and now if you drop in a Gutter Runner, grab +X fans from the ball and +2 from the upgrade you can lose a match and still feel like you've won.

Generally +fans is better than +starpower, I'm finding, while +skills is less useful than +starpower, at least for these two teams.
For a human blitzer, otoh, getting a ball with block on it is wonderful. "SMACK! I'll grab that ball now. And now to finish him off! CRUNCH!"

And of course, with variable balls you can just choose to play at the matchups where the best balls are, and leave the crappy ball matchups to the teams that can't pass.

In the last game I played I had a lot of joy with an Elf Thrower grabbing 2 balls with 2 fans and 3 fans respectively in the same match up (and with the headline in play that doubles the number of balls, of course), and this was ALMOST enough to win the game. (As it was, I drew on first place VP, but my opponent had a more developed team).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.