Auf Teufel komm raus» Forums » Rules

Subject: Pact with the devil rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Can I check how "pact with the devil" works?

1. Players satisfying the conditions may choose to enter into a pact - its not automatic?

2. When do you enter into a pact? At the start of each round - just before everyone bids?

3. Do you still bid when you've entered into a pact? If you do, and you turn over a devil do you pay 50 to everyone else who entered into a pact for this round?

4. From #2 & #3, the rules say that players entering into a pact must "lay open their assets for all others to see". If you reveal your betting chips then make a bid, I presume your revealed chips don't include the chips in your hand that you're about to bid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SteveK2 wrote:
1. Players satisfying the conditions may choose to enter into a pact - its not automatic?

It is automatic.

SteveK2 wrote:
2. When do you enter into a pact? At the start of each round - just before everyone bids?

At the end of the turn, when everybody places their pawn.

SteveK2 wrote:
3. Do you still bid when you've entered into a pact? If you do, and you turn over a devil do you pay 50 to everyone else who entered into a pact for this round?

You do. And as long as you have enough money, you have to pay in case of turning over a devil. If you don't have enough money, the bank pays for you.

SteveK2 wrote:
4. From #2 & #3, the rules say that players entering into a pact must "lay open their assets for all others to see". If you reveal your betting chips then make a bid, I presume your revealed chips don't include the chips in your hand that you're about to bid?

Correct. Best way to make the bid secret (before revealing) is to take as many chips as you wish in one hand, sort from these the ones you want to bid into the other hand, then reveal these simultaneously wit the other players and lay the remains back to your assets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks, Daniel.

duchamp wrote:
Best way to make the bid secret (before revealing) is to take as many chips as you wish in one hand, sort from these the ones you want to bid into the other hand

Mmmmmm ... having one fist full of chips to bid and the other fist full of chips I'm not bidding sounds like mistakes might happen, but I understand the intention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Danzer
Germany
Stuttgart
southwest
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's not, that you need ten chips in b oth hands

Take five, pick two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
It wasn't the capacity of my fists I was worrying about, it was remembering which fist to bid with.

Maybe its just me ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamille
Germany
Berlin
F/hain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SteveK2 wrote:
It wasn't the capacity of my fists I was worrying about, it was remembering which fist to bid with.

Maybe its just me ...

We prefer to slam our bets on the table. Keep them covered by the hands and reveal them together. I guess there is no need to worry! You will find out if you play the game.

Also it is not bad if other players see a part of your chips. The chips you own during the game are worth almost always several hundred points. You only take a few in the hand and select some of them for your bet. The chance that someone make a bid of more than 200 points is very low and super risky. At least someone needs to pull coal of that amount out of the fire so you can win something with your high bet. The bets in the games we played were ultra rarely over 150 Points. Have Fun with the Game !!!

regards Hessi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the pact go away when you are no longer in the last place?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Muemmelmann wrote:
Does the pact go away when you are no longer in the last place?

Yes. The pact is just for one round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.