Agricola: All Creatures Big and Small» Forums » General

Subject: Solo version is pretty good - any tweaks? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steve steve
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
Just got Big 'n' Small at the weekend and it is amazing. And the solo rules are pretty good (on this site - somewhere in the forum).

Has anyone tried to tweak them or come up with something different.

Also - just to rub it in - i've found a box of "More Buildings" expansion !! And obv bought it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amber Wells
United States
Argyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read through the solo rules here and it seems like they would be really good for simulating a two-player experience (i.e., limiting your available choices). What I've decided to do instead though is just play solo without the dummy player. Of course this makes the game more of a puzzle to find the optimal path to score the most points (and could be accomplished as a number-crunching exercise on a spreadsheet I suppose), but I think it will be fun to try. I've played one game solo this way so far -- just to see if it was fun. I enjoyed it, so I think I am going to play this way and keep track my final score as well as my moves each turn. My goal will be to find which action sequence leads to the best possible score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve steve
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
I've almost completed a Single version set of rules. Once i type them up this week i'll post here and let people review them. I used the existing rules as a base but stripped out all the randomness in favour of "trackers" that monitor the dummy players progres and trigger actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.