Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted this in the kickstarter comments section but didn't get an answer, so thought I'd try here.

I've pledged for the base game at the moment but just wondering if there is enough replayability in just the few units that come with the base game and the stretch goal extras?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam London
United States
San Luis Obispo
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pledged at the 90 level but even for just the base game I have to imagine the replayability factor will be substantial. It is scenario based play so while I assume there will be a fair number of official scenarios in the release, there will likely be many more once the community gets their hands on some of the stretch goal tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clem seurat
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't answer that. On one hand i have to be honest and tell "you you've got enough to have fun and you'll decide later", on the other hand i've to think of our Kickstarter campaign and tell you, "c'mon dude, you know that more is better!"

clem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clemens kremer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AnotherHorrorFan wrote:
I am pledged at the 90 level but even for just the base game I have to imagine he replayability factor will be substantial. It is scenario based play so while I assume there will be a fair number of official scenarios in the release, there will likely be many more once the community gets their hands on some of the stretch goal tiles.

And since the system is point based you can play the same scenario many times with different unit combinations. I would guess that the stuff in the base game anole will give you 5-10 viably different combinations for each sinde.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
given that both sides have to assemble their forces by buying unit options up to a certain limit, it means that even the same scenario can be played in different ways depending on the choice of units.
with the base game you get 2 (or 3?) platoons for each side + some extra units and terrain tiles + terrain overlays from stretch goals
the number of scenarios in the base game was noted in one of the threads (not sure which), it had several normal scenarios, a campaign of linked scenarios and 3 general scenarios.
You also get the non-thematic cthulhu and Dust Tactics stretch goals which adds more units and some board tiles
With 15 board tiles you can make several board combinations.

by adding a few additional options (or slightly higher pledge), you can further taylor your available units/options. the higher pledge level gives you 2 punchboards for an extra 10£ (cheaper than buying the same ones through the "options" except that they are fixed content).

and who knows what might still be unlocked further (although mostly additional terrain tiles for your pledge level).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing Id like to know.
The units in the base game, are they uniques?
Ie, is there any value in having 2 copies of the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clem seurat
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the base box you have 4 infantry platoons (2 US and 2 Germans).
Each one is made on the same model (1 team = 1 token):
1 recruitment tile with 1 officer and 3 to 4 teams (fire, recon, support, MG42) with 2 large slots (A is only for infantry option, B is free) and 2 small slots C & D (both free).

You also have 2 captain tiles with 1 large slot (free) and 2 small (both free).

No there's no interrest to have 2 copies of the game. Platoons are uniques(some rules reffer to that). The alternative versions for infantries are made for that (and only one each).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
picoloclem wrote:

The alternative versions for infantries are made for that (and only one each).

Do they have some unique recruitment options ( that are different from 2 platoons already available in base game), or just have different color branding?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reid666 wrote:
Do they have some unique recruitment options ( that are different from 2 platoons already available in base game), or just have different color branding?

I'm sure they will be different. Devil Pig Game wrote it somewhere and, anyway, they really don't like to have two time the same thing. They proved it several time.

Concerning replayablility, I'm sure that we don't need to have concern about it, if we take into consideration that we will have :
- platoons, troops, equipments, heroes choices
- action cards deck building (30 cards to choose between 52)
- terrain variability with 2-sided tiles and 2D terrains (bunker, defensive structures...)
- scenarios (a lot are included in the box, a lot will be available online and more will be fan-created)

Remember that just with the £45 pledge level (box game + free strech goals), you have :
104 card deck
15 x 2-sided terrain tiles
10 x Punch boards (around 20 to 40 tokens per punch board)

And I didn't count Dust tactic stretch goal because I don't know what's inside.

With "Frontiers", the rules were more simple, there was less equipment choices, less of everything with just a small game box (without stretch goal), no terrain tiles, few scenarios but I still play it and I'm really not bored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
picoloclem wrote:
In the base box you have 4 infantry platoons (2 US and 2 Germans).
Each one is made on the same model (1 team = 1 token):
1 recruitment tile with 1 officer and 3 to 4 teams (fire, recon, support, MG42) with 2 large slots (A is only for infantry option, B is free) and 2 small slots C & D (both free).

You also have 2 captain tiles with 1 large slot (free) and 2 small (both free).

No there's no interrest to have 2 copies of the game. Platoons are uniques(some rules reffer to that). The alternative versions for infantries are made for that (and only one each).

Thanks for this info and being so upfront.
Do the add ons fall under this as well? Ie is the Sherman group unique so there would be no reason to have two?

He British units as well?
Will they be available for addons, or is there no reason since they are unique?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clem seurat
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
Do the add ons fall under this as well? Ie is the Sherman group unique so there would be no reason to have two?

Both are unique.
British army will be expanded later.
1 Tank platoon is quiet enough for the game scale. Other platoon can have tanks as support options too.

Anyway if people really want more platoons, the only thing to do is to "paint" the coloured bands into another colour pattern and line them on the battlefield. And for the most historical geek hardcore gamer, stick a new bataillion patch on the tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
picoloclem wrote:
ropya wrote:

Both are unique.
British army will be expanded later.
1 Tank platoon is quiet enough for the game scale. Other platoon can have tanks as support options too.

Anyway if people really want more platoons, the only thing to do is to "paint" the coloured bands into another colour pattern and line them on the battlefield. And for the most historical geek hardcore gamer, stick a new bataillion patch on the tile.

Thanks for the solid info Clem.
Great feedback.

Was thinking about getting a 2nd tank set for each side to have small tank battles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
clem seurat
France
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.