Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's been done, but can't seem to locate the custom Chamber Cards for LoD.

Am I losing my mind?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Buu
United States
Sylmar
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Im not sure but are these what you're looking for?

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/12000202#12000202

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I admit there are quite a few variants out there, and it can be confusing to keep them all straight.

NinjaDorg created a deck of Chamber Cards for WoA... This deck was meant to generate custom scenarios on the fly instead of playing through an actual Adventure Scenario. You explore the dungeon, then when you reach the chamber entrance, you draw a Chamber Card to find out what your goal is and how the chamber is populated.

If that's what you're looking for, then I'm not sure if such a deck was made for LoD... Perhaps ND can chime in and help.

Personally, I'm involved in the "Room Event Decks" and the "Campaign Event Decks." The Room Event Deck does not generate any adventures itself, but is meant to be used along with any Adventure. When a hero enters a named tile, you draw a card from the deck to see anything happens in that tile. That's it. If you're looking for this, then the LoD version can be found HERE

The Campaign Event deck has the heroes draw a resolve a card between adventures...but I'm guessing that's not what you're looking for.

ChromaticDragon also made a Crypt Deck for Castle Ravenloft, which seeks to modify the way you handle the Encounter Deck. It has you create a secondary encounter deck, and has new rules which determine what pile you pull from when drawing an encounter card. I don't believe that's been ported over to the other games either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent summary Tom!

Yes, GeckoTh talked about Chamber Cards in a roundabout fashion on the Room Event thread for Legend of Drizzt. He expressed a desire to use the large room tiles in the Legend of Drizzt game. My first crack at the Room Event cards for those tiles bore some resemblance to NinjaDorg's Chamber cards (promo villain + some regular monsters). These were later paired down to just a promo villain in the space or, in the case of the Throne Room, a series of traps made by a sadistic ruler.

We never got around to making Chamber Cards but I can certainly whip up some ideas if someone wants to create the cards. My first attempts would probably stretch out the original idea of promo villains + regular monsters. It might also be fun to use some of ChromaticDragon's custom Underdark Monsters to make an encounter. Who wouldn't want to fight Myconid Fungus Men?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeckoTH wrote:
I admit there are quite a few variants out there, and it can be confusing to keep them all straight.

Yeah...I've ordered multiple decks from artscow all with room encounter cards from 3-4 various users. I think I was printing them as they were coming out. So, i have ninjadorg's early ravenloft and WoD named room and event cards, geckoth's Lod and WoA room cards, ChromaticDragon's deck of magic items, etc.

Anyway, I found the LoD chamber cards I recalled seeing:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/846655/variant-chamber-cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Hooligan wrote:
GeckoTH wrote:

Yeah...I've ordered multiple decks from artscow all with room encounter cards from 3-4 various users. I think I was printing them as they were coming out. So, i have ninjadorg's early ravenloft and WoD named room and event cards, geckoth's Lod and WoA room cards, ChromaticDragon's deck of magic items, etc.

Anyway, I found the LoD chamber cards I recalled seeing:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/846655/variant-chamber-cards...

Yeah Curtis covered those off so I didn't feel the need to do the LoD Chamber cards (LoD doesn't seem to fit as well together for our D&D AS campaigns either, thematically speaking).

We could really do with an uber index of everyone's variants - there's so much content between us all now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Amaral
Brazil
Recife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjadorg wrote:

We could really do with an uber index of everyone's variants - there's so much content between us all now!

FYI
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1388245/dd-adventure-system...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Knaife wrote:
ninjadorg wrote:

FYI
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1388245/dd-adventure-system...

Already thumbed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.