Subject: Hanover rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark davis
United States
Pleasant Valley
New York
flag msg tools
Played my first game of Pax Baltica on Saturday and got my butt kicked as the coalition because of some devastating double turns by the swedes (1 he moved last in winter and killed a large blocking force and then used winter campaign to kill Ptyor and then 2) he moved last and then next turn rolled a 5 while I rolled a 6 and was able to march on moscow). We did play a few things wrong with the RPs (allowing reinforcement into battle and not paying double RPs in an area without friendly garrison but then that is what hte first play is for).

my question is the rule states that Hanover comes in on the Coalition side based on the swede attrition track however I do not see any mention of hanover on this track. What are the condtions that bring hanover in on the coalition side?

The only negative I have is I would liked to have seen some indicator on the block that says its an army. I know if it has 4 strength or a baggage train its an army so that is probably 90% of the army blocks but I do not know my flags so having he armies marked with the flag (although you can see which have multiple blocks with the same flag) but a simple A or R would have made it easy to tell without question

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
madmonkgames wrote:
my question is the rule states that Hanover comes in on the Coalition side based on the swede attrition track however I do not see any mention of hanover on this track. What are the condtions that bring hanover in on the coalition side?

There is a rule reference number in some boxes on the attrition track (not enough room for a full text reference). When the marker reaches that box, Hannover defects.

Quote:
The only negative I have is I would liked to have seen some indicator on the block that says its an army. I know if it has 4 strength or a baggage train its an army so that is probably 90% of the army blocks but I do not know my flags so having he armies marked with the flag (although you can see which have multiple blocks with the same flag) but a simple A or R would have made it easy to tell without question.

As described in the rules, all blocks with names in italics are regiments; the rest are necessarily armies or fleets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark davis
United States
Pleasant Valley
New York
flag msg tools
Thank you for you quick reply and dedicated support of your game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.