Subject: PBF #60 - RSPers Invading the Mainland (1-2) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Well, the game will include:

Scott
SlowCorner
Cylon Paul
Jonny Lawless
CrankyPants
Mormon Guy
Utoption

This is a 7-player Resistance game.

Game and Phase Rules

Players are either Resistance Operatives, unaware of each other’s alliances, or Imperial Spies, the informed minority. The goal of The Resistance is to destroy three Imperial Bases. The goal of the Empire is to Sabotage three Resistance Plans (to save their base). The game is played in phases in which players assign plans, vote on the allocation, and the entrusted few support either the Resistance or the Empire. Once either team has won three missions, they have won the game.

Assign: Each day, the current leader (the choice is random on the first day and then passes to the next player on the list each subsequent day) has to assign plans. Each base has a number of Plans required for the Resistance to allocate, and a number of Sabotages needed for the empire to defend their base.

The leader will make a proposal in thread. You may select yourself to receive a set of plans. Once a proposal is made, it cannot be retracted. The Leader has 24 hours to propose an assignment. After assignment is made, Vote phase begins. If no assignment is made in 24 hours, the Leader Card passes to next player. Please format proposals in bold, as follows:

M1.1: John, Tim, Sarah. (where 1.1 is the appropriate mission number)

Vote: although players are free to announce their vote or intended vote publicly, each player sends me their vote within 24 hours of the proposal. When sending me your vote please keep it standardized for ease of use. For example, when voting YES on the second vote of day one (if the first didn’t pass), format the subject line as follows:

Vote 1.2: YES

If a majority of players accept the proposal, it is accepted and plans are distributed. If a proposal is declined, the day will continue and leadership will pass to the next player. (If five votes in a row are voted down, the Empire automatically wins.) I’ll announce the results, how each player voted, whether we repeat the phase or go to the next, and who the new leader is. Voting is required.

Decide: the players entrusted with plans will geekmail me their decision, to play a Resistance or Empire Plan card, formatted as below. Deciders have 24 hours from the posted results of the accepted vote. Please format as follows:

PASS or FAIL

If the plans are sent to a rebel, they must choose to support the Resistance. If sent to a spy, the spy has the option to support or sabotage the Resistance. If there are zero acts of sabotage, then an Imperial base will be destroyed (Resistance wins the round). If there is at least one act of sabotage, then the Plans were sabotaged and the base was defended (Empire wins the round). (HOWEVER, there is one base in every game that requires TWO sabotages for the Empire to succeed.).

Reveal: having received all decisions, I'll post the results by forum. Players will not know who performed the sabotage, but will know how many acts of sabotage occurred. Once a team wins three rounds, the game ends and that team is the winner. I'll indicate the results, if the game has ended, and who is the leader as we enter the next phase, one explosion closer to the end.

-Thanks to Don Eskridge for writing the original from which this rules post is modified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: PBF #60 - RSPers Invading the Mainland
Other Rules:

No communication with any other player having to do with the game outside of this thread.

Any communication outside of this thread that is public that may break this rule must be linked to within this thread.

djgutierrez77 wrote:
Couple of notes on common PBF Resistance syntax.

Mission x.x: Used to designate the mission and proposal, so the second mission and third proposal would be M2.3. You will find this useful if you're the sort of person who uses past proposals to make baseless accusations.

Hammer: "X is the Hammer" or "Player X has the hammer" refers to the player who has the x.5 proposal of any round. Since the game is over and the rebels lose if the fifth proposal for a mission is voted down, it's assumed that whatever team is proposed for x.5 is going to go. This gives the x.5 proposer a little more power.

Clyde:
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
is a regular in the PBF Resistance forums. He's totally obnoxious, and he can't restrain himself from blabbering in games he's not playing in. Ignore him. All the PBF Resistance regulars do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Summary if I feel like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Scott
SlowCorner
Cylon Paul
Jonny Lawless
CrankyPants
Mormon Guy
Utoption
haha, already loving it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
Quote:
Scott
SlowCorner
Cylon Paul
Jonny Lawless
CrankyPants
Mormon Guy
Utoption
haha, already loving it

This guy's not even supposed to be here. Spy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll distribute the roles after everyone has checked in, because based on DJ's nomenclature I have no idea who anybody is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
I'll distribute the roles after everyone has checked in, because based on DJ's nomenclature I have no idea who anybody is.

Red 5, standing by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Jythier wrote:

Scott
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

SlowCorner
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb

Cylon Paul
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Jonny Lawless
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb

CrankyPants
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

Mormon Guy
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Utoption N/A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not certain that "Scott" refers to Jarred. Also, screw the man! Ready for service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
slowcorner wrote:
I'm not certain that "Scott" refers to Jarred. Also, screw the man! Ready for service.

True. Then it's clear that this "Scott" is a spy and should be executed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Slowcorner wrote:

No, Scott refers to
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3 down, 4 to check in!

GameCrossing will have to check in to start, he's gone for the day I believe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Reporting in (I've got my single red eye on all of you!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just Scott, Junior, and Walter now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:

There are plenty of backups if someone no-shows.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Jythier wrote:

Game #62?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Jythier wrote:

Game #62?

Could be. I don't think I can handle another though. I'm playing in 3 and modding 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reporting for duty (to someone).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Walter and Jr, please come home. The dog needs fed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Walter and Jr, please come home. The dog needs fed.

Someone called for me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnylawless wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
Quote:
Scott
SlowCorner
Cylon Paul
Jonny Lawless
CrankyPants
Mormon Guy
Utoption
haha, already loving it

I'm officially rooting for Mormon Guy...whoever he is. I want him to win. Mormos forever!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:

Marc is just butthurt that he doesn't get to play with Jarred and me.

Next game I'll do that randomizing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got here. Now all I need to do is learn the game.

Let the asking of stupid questions (followed, obviously, by accusations that only spies would act as oblivious as me) begin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
jonnylawless wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
Quote:
Scott
SlowCorner
Cylon Paul
Jonny Lawless
CrankyPants
Mormon Guy
Utoption
haha, already loving it

I'm officially rooting for Mormon Guy...whoever he is. I want him to win. Mormos forever!

I guess everyone's gotta be known for something. I'm just glad I didn't get nicknamed "Raging Case Of Hemorrhoids Guy." I'm not sure if it's because I don't talk as openly about it, or if it's just not as catchy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
jonnylawless wrote:
clydeiii wrote:
Quote:
Scott
SlowCorner
Cylon Paul
Jonny Lawless
CrankyPants
Mormon Guy
Utoption
haha, already loving it

I guess everyone's gotta be known for something. I'm just glad I didn't get nicknamed "Raging Case Of Hemorrhoids Guy." I'm not sure if it's because I don't talk as openly about it, or if it's just not as catchy.

Wow. We have a lot in common.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.