Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, players. The following need to report to the thread immediately (highlighted in green if you've checked in):

BJ
Josiah
DAAAARRRRRRR!!
Jarred
Josh

Chad
Brian

Here are the rules:

This is a 7-player Resistance game.

Game and Phase Rules

Players are either Resistance Operatives, unaware of each other’s alliances, or Imperial Spies, the informed minority. The goal of The Resistance is to destroy three Imperial Bases. The goal of the Empire is to Sabotage three Resistance Plans (to save their base). The game is played in phases in which players assign plans, vote on the allocation, and the entrusted few support either the Resistance or the Empire. Once either team has won three missions, they have won the game.

Assign: Each day, the current leader (the choice is random on the first day and then passes to the next player on the list each subsequent day) has to assign plans. Each base has a number of Plans required for the Resistance to allocate, and a number of Sabotages needed for the empire to defend their base.

The leader will make a proposal in thread. You may select yourself to receive a set of plans. Once a proposal is made, it cannot be retracted. The Leader has 24 hours to propose an assignment. After assignment is made, Vote phase begins. If no assignment is made in 24 hours, the Leader Card passes to next player. Please format proposals in bold, as follows:

M1.1: John, Tim, Sarah. (where 1.1 is the appropriate mission number)

Vote: although players are free to announce their vote or intended vote publicly, each player sends me their vote within 24 hours of the proposal. When sending me your vote please keep it standardized for ease of use. For example, when voting YES on the second vote of day one (if the first didn’t pass), format the subject line as follows:

Vote 1.2: YES

If a majority of players accept the proposal, it is accepted and plans are distributed. If a proposal is declined, the day will continue and leadership will pass to the next player. (If five votes in a row are voted down, the Empire automatically wins.) I’ll announce the results, how each player voted, whether we repeat the phase or go to the next, and who the new leader is. Voting is required.

Decide: the players entrusted with plans will geekmail me their decision, to play a Resistance or Empire Plan card, formatted as below. Deciders have 24 hours from the posted results of the accepted vote. Please format as follows:

PASS or FAIL

If the plans are sent to a rebel, they must choose to support the Resistance. If sent to a spy, the spy has the option to support or sabotage the Resistance. If there are zero acts of sabotage, then an Imperial base will be destroyed (Resistance wins the round). If there is at least one act of sabotage, then the Plans were sabotaged and the base was defended (Empire wins the round). (HOWEVER, there is one base in every game that requires TWO sabotages for the Empire to succeed.).

Reveal: having received all decisions, I'll post the results by forum. Players will not know who performed the sabotage, but will know how many acts of sabotage occurred. Once a team wins three rounds, the game ends and that team is the winner. I'll indicate the results, if the game has ended, and who is the leader as we enter the next phase, one explosion closer to the end.

-Thanks to Don Eskridge for writing the original from which this rules post is modified and Jythier for posting it in PBF 60 where I could snag it and use it for my own nefarious purposes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Couple of notes on common PBF Resistance syntax.

Mission x.x: Used to designate the mission and proposal, so the second mission and third proposal would be M2.3. You will find this useful if you're the sort of person who uses past proposals to make baseless accusations.

Hammer: "X is the Hammer" or "Player X has the hammer" refers to the player who has the x.5 proposal of any round. Since the game is over and the rebels lose if the fifth proposal for a mission is voted down, it's assumed that whatever team is proposed for x.5 is going to go. This gives the x.5 proposer a little more power.

Clyde:
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
is a regular in the PBF Resistance forums. He's totally obnoxious, and he can't restrain himself from blabbering in games he's not playing in. Ignore him. All the PBF Resistance regulars do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Once everyone has checked in to the thread, I'll assign seating order and roles. Looking forward to seeing how you fools play the game. Should be fun!

I'll be editing this post in the thread with a game summary showing the proposals, votes, and mission results. This can be handy information, so I'll try to actually remember to update it every time. No promises.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Last housekeeping note and obvious rule: Players may not communicate about the game outside of the game. Obviously this is unenforceable, but I trust no one here wants to cheat to win.

Also, please use geekmail to send me your votes and mission cards. Put the proposal number in the title for me, it'll make my life easier, and that's what's really important here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Present
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
I was told there was going to be pudding?

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
While I'm thinking of it, one other important rules post. No proposal for a team is official until it's put in bold. I'll remind you as it comes up.

Also, another rule I personally always enforce in my games: You can lie about anything and everything in the game you want to, but no metagame lies. That means no claiming the moderator accidentally sent you a list of the spies, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Well, while no one else is here, I'll make a motion.

Dar is to be dictator for life.

All opposed? None?

*BANG*

Carried unanimously!!

Its all about controlling the timing of the vote. He who controls the agenda of the meeting can control the meeting.

Darilian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Present!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Clyde:
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
is a regular in the PBF Resistance forums. He's totally obnoxious, and he can't restrain himself from blabbering in games he's not playing in. Ignore him. All the PBF Resistance regulars do.
So strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, thank you to BJ for apprising me of this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
We're just waiting on Chad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
We're just waiting on Chad.

Did you ring Richard Garfield's house? He's probably there.

Darilian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far this game sucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll geekmail Chad and see if he's still interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, didn't see the thread until Dave geekmailed me.

Fair warning -- on Thursday I fly to Sweden and then spend all day Friday with the people I'm meeting. I have no idea what my Internet access will be then, although I assume by Friday night I'll have at least some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! We have a game. I'll be sending out roles via geekmail shortly and then posting the seating order. Just a reminder, there are three filthy spies and four noble rebels in a seven player game. Also as a reminder, the number of people on the missions goes like so:

M1 - 2
M2 - 3
M3 - 3
M4 - 4 (requires TWO fails to score for the spies)
M5 - 4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Roles will be out momentarily. The spies will all get a message that reads:

Spy message wrote:

Twirl your mustache, you are a cunning and villainous spy. You (along with Spy2 and Spy3, your dastardly partners) will seek to undermine the Rebels and bring ruin to their cause. Why, you ask? Because fuck you, that's why.

Whereas the Rebels will get this message:

Rebel message wrote:

Hey, we should like totally Occupy something, dude. You're a Rebel, fighting against the man because you have nothing better to do while spending your parents' money and drinking shitty beer that you think is ironic. In service to the fearless leader of your cause, known only as Ted, you strive to bring glory to the cause and undermine the evil empire. 'Cause, like, corporate America is totally fucked up and just wrong, man.

Good luck, players!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
And so it begins. Here's the seating order. Jarred is up with the first proposal. Put it in bold when you're ready, Jarred. Remember, Mission 1 only needs two operatives.

Seating order wrote:

Jarred
Chad
Josiah
BJ
Darilian
Mister Cranky
Brian/SerDudds

Proposal 1.1: JarredScott78 to propose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bam! I'm pretty sure BJ and Josh are spies so I propose

M1.1: Brian, Jarred

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:

M1.1: Chad, Brian, Jarred

try again with less people

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
Point of order-
Are we just spouting off right now, or is Jarred actually calling the vote on this right now?

I've never played this by forum, so I'm not sure on the protocol.

Darilian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darilian wrote:
Point of order-
Are we just spouting off right now, or is Jarred actually calling the vote on this right now?

I've never played this by forum, so I'm not sure on the protocol.

Darilian

SPY!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
jarredscott78 wrote:

M1.1: Chad, Brian, Jarred

try again with less people

Fixed. (fewer)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.