Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to update the SDE VASSAL to include CoR, but first I have been making changes to the existing VASSAL module.

I would like to get feedback on how things are going.
If people could tell me what is still complicated to use, errors, or changes you might like to see, I would appreciate it.

The File: (30.2Mb) (2.0.1) (Newest version file might not be available immediately)
http://depositfiles.com/files/ihbeqdtyy

Changes:
(1.3.2)
-Changed Hero 'moved' piece marker designator. (Now a red circle around token)
-Dungeon Tiles now show separately instead of stacked in Dungeon Tile menu.
-Dungeon Tiles now rotatable clockwise and counterclockwise.
-Added Status Effect quick reference chart.
-Added seperate 'Lock Dungeon' and 'Unlock Dungeon' buttons.
-Changed Adventure Tracker Power Guage token to small token.
-Hero cards & tokens in Hero Selection Menu are no longer stacked.
-Heroes now have aura/wave helpers (right click hero token)
-LoS helper no longer snaps to middle of grids.
-Few Misc. Changes (Wording, Spacing, Etc.)

(1.3.3)
-Added Movement Tracking Line (resets when marked unmoved)
-Added Discard Pile
-Loot/Treasure can no longer be perma removed from game, now sent to discard piles)
-Updated Quick Ref. Chart.

(1.3.4)
-Merged Discard Piles, Adventure Tracker, and Skull Tokens.
-Start Marker can no longer be deleted.
-Dungeon Tiles can now be right clicked and sent to dungeon tile selction menu.

(1.3.5)
-Monster Token Layout changed (stacked by single spawn groups).
-Monster Cards layout changed in selection Menu. (stacked by single spawn groups).
-Changed Monster Tokens to have Aura/Wave Helpers.Changes
-Changed Monster 'moved' piece designator to red circle.
-Treasure Chests now start on main board area. (right click to change to boo booty and back again)
-Few Misc.(Wording, Spacing,Etc.)

(1.3.6)
-Added New Dice Windows.
-Few Misc.Changes (Wording, Spacing,Etc.)

(1.3.7)
-Now resets tokens when sent back to selection menus via the right click menu. (Full Hearts / No Auras / No Movement Marker)
-Removed Heart Tracker for Mobs with only 1 Heart.
-Few Misc. Changes (Wording, Spacing,Etc.)

(2.0.1)
-Added Roxor Cards & Tokens!!!
-Fixed Large token moved ring
-Boss Treasure Cards are now added to the treasure deck when selecting a boss (right click pile after boss card is moved)
-Few Misc. Changes (Wording, Spacing,Etc.)

Mumble Server for talking while playing (better than typing ^_^ )
Server Address: noki-games.mumble.com
Port: 7698
Password: sde
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deft Titan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously, huge effort! Were you the one that got the module this far?
I will have some time in the next two weeks that I should be able to load it up and give you some feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't create the module, am just picking it up where they left off.
(I think their name is somewhere in the file though.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamieson
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
I'm new to VASSAL and have no idea what I'm doing. Help? I feel like a dog trying to do chemistry...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DoctorEmmitBtown wrote:
I'm new to VASSAL and have no idea what I'm doing. Help? I feel like a dog trying to do chemistry...

Help just using it to play SDE ? or actually editing things ?

To play SDE, you basically just drag and drop what you want onto the bottom portion of the screen. Use the Menu buttons at the top to select things such as tiles, hero/monster cards, and tokens.

Just click alot and you'll get the hang of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamieson
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Was looking for help playing. I'll fiddle with it for a while and come back to beg for help if I need to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated with more recent file, if you had the old one please replace it with the new one.

Off to bed now and to work on it tomorrow (if I have time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes
Germany
Nähe Stuttgarts
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If someone would like to play a round of SDE via vassal, please feel free to contact me here (by leaving a message here or via PM).

But be aware, that I am a bloody beginner when it comes to vassal and also SDE (I have the game and all expansions, but I was only able to play it once )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank-you thank-you thank-you! I was hoping/wishing someone would pick up on it and carry the torch. Now it will be cool once the other expansions are added.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some feedback is definitely needed, am almost done with the Remodeling and I would like errors/bugs and cumbersome features pointed out as well as suggestions before I start importing the Roxor stuff.

Remember you don't have to actually play a game to test it, just need to create an offline game and mess around.

(Monster Menu is currently being worked on)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay updated with pre-final version. Will wait for 2 days for suggestions and errors/bugs. Then will start importing Roxor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glyn 77
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
A million thanks for this, will try to test it out over the next couple of days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I played a round with the module and everything runs cleanly. There were no problems to speak of; only minor things that would just make things more convenient, but not necessary: The only thing that would be nice for the Consul is when they send back the pieces from their monster when they are defeated, if it is possible, that their aura could be turned off and their health returned to full. If this is not possible it is not a big deal just wanted to come with at least one thought if anything needed to be changed. Other than that great job on the module!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterGM wrote:
So, I played a round with the module and everything runs cleanly. There were no problems to speak of; only minor things that would just make things more convenient, but not necessary: The only thing that would be nice for the Consul is when they send back the pieces from their monster when they are defeated, if it is possible, that their aura could be turned off and their health returned to full. If this is not possible it is not a big deal just wanted to come with at least one thought if anything needed to be changed. Other than that great job on the module!!

I'm actually thinking of just removing the health numbers and just having players put wound tokens onto the cards like you would in a real game. The numbers are hard to see anyways.

I intended the return to selection menu feature to be used for resetting the playing field when you finish a game, as monsters can be respawned and should just me moved off the board. But the problem still exists with the auras....will see what I can do there. Might just have to remember to turn it off before sending to selection menu =p

I added a remove movement marker button in the monster selection screen to get rid of the red circles.

Think I found a solution to this, will try to implement it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Hoofd
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Excellent job ! Thanks a lot for that.

One of my biggest concern however is: why don't we have a window for the dices results ? Read them in the log window is really ugly and not clear !

I'm convinced we can have a lean solution. A lot of vassal have good dice window.

My 2 cents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kenogui wrote:
Excellent job ! Thanks a lot for that.
One of my biggest concern however is: why don't we have a window for the dices results ? Read them in the log window is really ugly and not clear !
I'm convinced we can have a lean solution. A lot of vassal have good dice window. My 2 cents.

just a window that pops up to display dice rolls ? I removed that because it was annoying having to constantly exit windows.

Or do you mean a dedicated window that dice rolls keep showing up in ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Hoofd
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
A "permanent window" somewhere, like a dedicated frame, non-closable maybe, would be the best solution I think (if it's what you mean with your 2nd solution)

I don't know what is possible to do with the vassal SDK, but my main point is : for a game where we have to roll dice all the time, it's a bit sad to don't have a "graphical result" of the dice somewhere...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Added new version with a dice Window. It's not functioning 100% yet(95% probably), still a few quirks, but it's mostly there and gives a nice visual presentation.

Still working on resetting tokens when sent to Selection Menus.

edit: Apparently I left the test Roxor card/token in too, so can play with that for the time being...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Francis
United States
Portsmouth
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great so far. I have never used Vassal so I downloaded it and ran your file. Nothing more than playing around with the interface.

I wouldn't mind trying it out sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gnomoarigato wrote:
Looks great so far. I have never used Vassal so I downloaded it and ran your file. Nothing more than playing around with the interface.
I wouldn't mind trying it out sometime.

Honestly it's my first time too =p
Downloaded it a week ago and just decided to spruce it up.

Had no clue what I was doing trying to change things so I starting opening the original creators files to see how he did things, and thankfully he did a nice clean job, so it was easy to learn how things work. For a lot of things its change it and does it still work? Nope... okay try again. It's been an interesting experience. ^_^

P.S. If anyone doesn't have at least the 1.3.6 version, get it! The new dice windows make the game a lot more enjoyable.
Visual dice >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> plain numbers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Hoofd
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Excellent this dice window ! I've just tested it, and it's much clearer and nicer. Good job !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deft Titan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet, this is FUN!

Excellent work to both the module creators and the ones taking initiative to improve it.

Haven't noticed any real bugs yet, but i'm new to Vassal and I'm not sure I would recognize one anyway. Most stuff seems to be easy to figure out so far. My horizontal scroll gestures do not work in the main game window, but that might just be a Vassal thing.

What does "Refresh Counters" do in the tools menu? I can't figure that out. I mean, i would think it has something to do with refreshing counters, but I didn't see any real results from clicking it.

Right clicking model markers gets you a spelling error in "decreae hearts"

I'll try to play a quick game with somebody and see if I notice any functionality suggestions or bugs.

Very nice and thank you! Something fun to play with on my laptop while on an airplane.

DT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeftTitan wrote:
What does "Refresh Counters" do in the tools menu? I can't figure that out. I mean, i would think it has something to do with refreshing counters, but I didn't see any real results from clicking it.

Right clicking model markers gets you a spelling error in "decreae hearts"

No Idea on the refresh counters button. Will look into it.

And the decrease misspell is noted. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, think I got it so that:

-the aura helpers to reset when moved to the selection menu via the right click return function (contrl d).

-Hearts reset to default value when returned via the right click function (cntrl d).

-Movement marker removed when returned via right click function (cntrl d).

-Also removed the Heart trackers for all mobs with only 1 HP.

-fixed the 'Decreae Hearts' spelling error.

Any other suggestions ? All ideas welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also created a temporary mumble server for people to talk on while they play for testing.

Server Address: noki-games.mumble.com
Port: 7698
Password: sde

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.