Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Gassett
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct me (please) if I'm wrong, but it seems like in a Godswar, the God of War and God of Death really have no power to affect it (I'm only speaking of the Godswar here). The god of war wins ties, but since godswars are determined solely by adding dice totals to number of armies in each of the battling territories, his power is rather mute. Same thing for the God of Death - the losing god is simply banished and the Death god's power doesn't apply.

So it seems like the only gods who have any power to affect godswars are the Sky god (extra die) and Magic goddess (rerolls 1s).

Am I reading this right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vitas Povilaitis
United States
Waltham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You're right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nolan East
msg tools
Actually, the god of war allows the attacker to win ties. This applies to a godswar as well, in the rare case that it results in a tie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, especially in situations where multiple gods are warring on both sides, you may want to initially battle with either the war or death god first, so that in case you lose a godwar, you may prefer to lose either the war or death god first, so that the benefits/powers of the sky and magic gods may be used in the subsequent battles

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.