Subject: Marksmanship rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checking.

Marksmanship says Action on the card indicating that it is an action, not a free action or an extra action. So if you are limited to one action as most are then you would have to choose this action after movement.

Yes?

Next question. Using Marksmanship and Han Solo.
The rules state:
Quote:
Important: When a die is changed or rerolled, ignore its original result and apply only the new result. This new result may be modified by other effects; however, a die that has already been rerolled cannot be rerolled again during this attack.

So if you use Han's ability correctly and you want to reroll the dice, since you have to reroll ALL of them you should do that first then use Marksmanship?

Yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct on both. The benefit of Marksmanship is it works on both attacks if you have a Gunner or Luke as a crewman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
BUT!!!

If I understand, if you use Marksmanship after Hans first shot, then you wanted to reroll you would have to reroll all of the dice. Even though you changed one or more using Marksmanship you couldn't keep just those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
BUT!!!

If I understand, if you use Marksmanship after Hans first shot, then you wanted to reroll you would have to reroll all of the dice. Even though you changed one or more using Marksmanship you couldn't keep just those.

True.

Oh, sorry...

TRUE!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arends
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep. Han rerolls all dice, or as many as possible (I assume this is if you expended a target lock on some of them, which would be a bit pointless in my opinion). You could use Marksmanship after the first shot, but if you're going to use Han's ability there's not really a point to doing so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
BUT!!!

Have Han reroll then use Marksmanship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Duclos
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
Who ya gonna call?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, it says reroll as many as possible, but a die can only be rerolled once. So, marksmanship first, THEN Han's ability on all previously un-rerolled dice, as it is not POSSIBLE to reroll them again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ghostbusterbob wrote:
Wait, it says reroll as many as possible, but a die can only be rerolled once. So, marksmanship first, THEN Han's ability on all previously un-rerolled dice, as it is not POSSIBLE to reroll them again.

Marksmanship "changes" Dice. It does not reroll them. Big difference
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Creed Buhallin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't think there's anything stopping you from using Marksmanship, using Han's reroll, and then using Marksmanship again.

You don't get anything out of the first one, of course, but Marksmanship can be used repeatedly during the round, and there's nothing that limits it to one use per attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Duclos
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
Who ya gonna call?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisdk wrote:
ghostbusterbob wrote:

Marksmanship "changes" Dice. It does not reroll them. Big difference

Ah, yes. You're right. Just replying from memory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The R5Donth Star II
Canada
Hamilton
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A quick question about the interaction between Marksmanship and Proton Torpedo, you could end up with two eyeballs turning into Crits right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
R5Don4 wrote:
A quick question about the interaction between Marksmanship and Proton Torpedo, you could end up with two eyeballs turning into Crits right?

Yep. Since you can choose the order, have the Torpedo change an Eye to a crit, then have Marksmanship trigger. Could be an especially cool combination for Kath Scarlet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The R5Donth Star II
Canada
Hamilton
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
R5Don4 wrote:

Yep. Since you can choose the order, have the Torpedo change an Eye to a crit, then have Marksmanship trigger. Could be an especially cool combination for Kath Scarlet.

The only reason to ever take the Slave I Title upgrade I can think of. Thanks Jeff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
R5Don4 wrote:
iNano78 wrote:
R5Don4 wrote:

The only reason to ever take the Slave I Title upgrade I can think of. Thanks Jeff.

Well, aside from putting it on Boba Fett (without a Torpedo) just 'cause it's boss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.