Subject: New update (April 15th)... tons of stuff! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1700755582/myth-0/posts/...

EDIT: Fast recap... five new stretch goals, orc boss, new tiles, rats, second minion stretch, rat boss. Plus new add-ons, coolest seems to be the elemental boss, but extra dice, dice bag, Skald sleeves are also in there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
New stretch goals:
$300K - Orc boss with 10 card deck
$325K - Set of 10 new world tiles
$350K - Expansion Set 3 (2 Rat captains and 10 Rat minions)
$375K - Another set of six minions each (Elemental, Rats, Skeleton this time!)
$400K - 1 Rat boss with 10 card deck (fantastic looking art, by the way)

Optional purchases:
$5 - Skald card sleeves (female art)
$20 - Elemental boss with 10 card deck (says "Oversized Boss Model", which is different than other bosses)
$15 - Dice Set (10 d10's and six Fate d6's)
$5 - Treasure Bag (for treasure tokens, presumably, although it looks like a perfectly functional dice bag)
$10 - Treasure Deck Expansion (doesn't list number of cards)

EDIT: I somehow overlooked the image for the $375K stretch. Not same as $125K!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Kane
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
They'll tell you black is really white The moon is just the sun at night
badge
And when you walk in golden halls You get to keep the gold that falls It's Heaven and Hell
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, these are exciting. I sure hope we get the Orc boss, which seems reasonable. The Rat boss looks crazy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Questions I have:
- Skald sleeves... those are just in case you don't want the male Skald on the back, yes? Male Skald sleeves coming with hero deck stretch that's already been unlocked, I thought... Thanks to yamato2 for reminding me Skald's not an unlock... so yes, you need to buy the sleeves.

- Rats and Elementals are *not* going to be included in either of the minion stretch goals ($125K and now $375K), then? $125K is six each of Arachnid, Orc and Skeleton minions. $375K is six each of Elemental, Rat and Skeleton minions.

- How many cards in the Treasure Deck Expansion? Is there a breakdown of white, green, blue, etc. cards? And yes, that's a hopeful "etc." (Brian did say in update comments that there are treasure cards planned for Trickster and Skald in this set)

- Is the dice set what comes with the game? 10d10's and 6d6's? Probably yes. And it's hardly critical, regardless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
only sleeves that were added to the sleeve stretch were for the trickster when he was unlocked.

If you want the Skald and/or his sleeves,... you'll have to pay for them as add ons.

- the contents list shows 10 D10 and 5 FD,... but maybe they will have 6 like the stretch goal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
markguy wrote:

Pretty sure that that's just the image they've chosen to use but you'll get both Male and Female (it does says Sleeves - i.e. plural - after all)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
markguy wrote:

Pretty sure that that's just the image they've chosen to use but you'll get both Male and Female (it does says Sleeves - i.e. plural - after all)

I'm pretty sure the plural part is just referring to the fact that you'll get more than one sleeve, but I as well would assume the sleeves would include both male/female artwork.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parks
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
markguy wrote:

- Is the dice set what comes with the game? 10d10's and 6d6's?

Yes, it is. If you look at the Game contents section is lists 10 d10's and 5 d6's (which I am assuming is a typo on the d6's because if you scroll down and look at the Core Box Set image there are 6 d6's there)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question to add to that. I put it in the KS comments, but those are hard to follow:

I would love to hear more about the tile expansion. Since there aren't really terrain features in the game, is the new (stretch goal) tile pack simply aesthetic? Are there some extra features on these tiles? Are they different sizes from the base tile set, or the same division (3 6x2, 3 6x6, 4 12x12)?

This will help me (and I'm sure others) make an informed decision about the tile-pack add-on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yamato2 wrote:
only sleeves that were added to the sleeve stretch were for the trickster when he was unlocked.

If you want the Skald and/or his sleeves,... you'll have to pay for them as add ons.

I probably won't be very popular around here for posting this, but this just doesn't seem fair to me. I feel like I'm being nickel-and-dimed on these Skald sleeves. Hero sleeves were unlocked at $150k, and Skald is a hero. Yes, Skald was announced after $150k, but you can't tell me they weren't planning to announce Skald. I was going to increase my pledge to pay for Skald, but this has soured me on it, honestly. I think they should include the Skald sleeves for free if you're paying extra for Skald in the spirit of the $150k unlock.

And what about sleeves for the other cards? I'd pay a reasonable amount (not more than $10!) for artwork sleeves for the other (non-hero) cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
yamato2 wrote:

I probably won't be very popular around here for posting this, but this just doesn't seem fair to me. I feel like I'm being nickel-and-dimed on these Skald sleeves. Hero sleeves were unlocked at $150k, and Skald is a hero. Yes, Skald was announced after $150k, but you can't tell me they weren't planning to announce Skald. I was going to increase my pledge to pay for Skald, but this has soured me on it, honestly. I think they should include the Skald sleeves for free if you're paying extra for Skald in the spirit of the $150k unlock.

And what about sleeves for the other cards? I'd pay a reasonable amount (not more than $10!) for artwork sleeves for the other (non-hero) cards.

I agree with you, it does seem very odd to charge an extra $5 for the sleeves for the Skald especially as if you're getting the ones for the rest of the characters, it's almost like penalising you for getting the Skald because you are going to be pretty bummed about having all your hero cards bar one in sleeves.

To be honest I think it's just part of MERCS inexperience in running a KS and I wouldn't be surprised if they change this as they have done with other things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I thought it was really odd to have to pay more for sleeves. I'd rather not get skald if its $20....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
falcoxx skyfox
msg tools
I don't agree with your logic on this. The base 5 heroes plus the trickster come to anyone that pledged $100, so they come with sleeves. The Skald is outside of the pledge levels and is an add on, it's different from the other heroes.

Thought another way, if you bought a optional 2nd set of one of the other base heros would they come with free card sleeves? Currently it's no, so why would you expect the Skald to come with free sleeves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
binary sunrise

Christiansburg
Virginia
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think had it been $20 for Skald & Sleeves, I might have been for it.
But $15 for Skald, and $5 for the Sleeves seems to me a bit like nickel & dime-ing (yes...I understand that the cost is the same, but psychologically, it feels different)

As an aside, though, I *love* the Rat King!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
falcoxx wrote:
I don't agree with your logic on this. The base 5 heroes plus the trickster come to anyone that pledged $100, so they come with sleeves. The Skald is outside of the pledge levels and is an add on, it's different from the other heroes.

Thought another way, if you bought a optional 2nd set of one of the other base heros would they come with free card sleeves? Currently it's no, so why would you expect the Skald to come with free sleeves?

Because it's an additional copy versus a whole new hero.

I don't care either way; I never use sleeves but I can see the thought process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
falcoxx skyfox
msg tools
Magic Pink wrote:
falcoxx wrote:

Because it's an additional copy versus a whole new hero.

I don't care either way; I never use sleeves but I can see the thought process.

Why would that make a difference whether it was a new hero vs copy of one of the base 5? In both cases you would have to spend 20 (hero plus sleeves) for an extra copy of one of the base heroes or the Skald right? It's not like you buy an extra set of one of the base five then you also get another set of sleeves from the stretch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
binarysunrise wrote:
I think had it been $20 for Skald & Sleeves, I might have been for it.
But $15 for Skald, and $5 for the Sleeves seems to me a bit like nickel & dime-ing (yes...I understand that the cost is the same, but psychologically, it feels different)

Sorry, but this makes no sense.

The sleeves were added because people were asking for them. They still cost money to make, and there's nothing wrong with charging for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
So the game doesn't come with any treasure deck? Also are these dice that are optional not included with the game? I'm confused with all the ad-ons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
falcoxx skyfox
msg tools
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
So the game doesn't come with any treasure deck? Also are these dice that are optional not included with the game? I'm confused with all the ad-ons.

I believe it's extra treasure cards and dice. The base set does come with dice and cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

The game comes with dice, naturally.
Some people like to play with each player having their own private dice pool, so people asked for extra dice. They're not necessary to play.

The treasure deck is an expansion deck with items and gear not included in the base set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
So what ad-ons are not included in the base game or $150 pledge level?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
So what ad-ons are not included in the base game or $150 pledge level?

* Skald
* Skald Sleeves
* Elemental Boss
* Treasure Deck Expansion
* Quest Deck Expansion
* Treasure Bag
* 6x6 Tile Supplement

**** Technically - as of right now, the Rat minion pack isn't in the base game, but there's a good chance we'll reach that stretch goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And none of those are exclusives. They will eventually be part of retail expansions. So if you are in for $100, you get anh exclusive items,... Any addons that you don't put in for now,.. You'll get shot at them lTer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
falcoxx wrote:

Afraid I don't agree with your logic either! If you don't expect the Skald to come with free sleeves then why would you expect the Trickster to? Although the former is a paid for the latter is still different to the other heroes as well. And the art work for the stretch goal clearly only shows the 5 base game heroes in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
falcoxx wrote:

Afraid I don't agree with your logic either! If you don't expect the Skald to come with free sleeves then why would you expect the Trickster to? Although the former is a paid for the latter is still different to the other heroes as well. And the art work for the stretch goal clearly only shows the 5 base game heroes in it.

Because once he was unlocked, the Trickster becomes part of the core game (within the KS), the Skald is not.

It's the same thing with Rat Minion add-on. Apprentice level pledges do not get their bonus 10 minion/1 captain if they buy the add-on, only when the Stretch gets unlocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.