Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there only two skills per character in this game? Isn't this a bit shallow? Can anyone convince me that this is enough to make this game interesting and thematic?

Also I am interested in how chess-like is this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Nguyen
France
flag msg tools
it goes from 1 to 5 skills + passive ability.
Movement is always the same, exept for a few with a teleport ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reasoner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Malte,

Hi. A given character can know between 1 and 5 spells. In addition, a character can have multiple powers, usually 0 to 3.

It is not very 'chess-like' at all. While you are jockying for board position, you are rolling dice multiple times each turn which introduces randomness completely lacking in chess. Not to mention the 34 playable characters that all operate different from one another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ereasoner wrote:
Malte,

Hi. A given character can know between 1 and 5 spells. In addition, a character can have multiple powers, usually 0 to 3.

It is not very 'chess-like' at all. While you are jockying for board position, you are rolling dice multiple times each turn which introduces randomness completely lacking in chess. Not to mention the 34 playable characters that all operate different from one another.

There's not MUCH randomness; attacks always hit you just have the chance to cause 1 or 2 more points of damage or reduce it by that same amount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Menger
Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm, thanks for the feedback, but i think i will pass on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.