Subject: Questions about KickStarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gonçalo
Portugal
Oliveira do Hospital
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I´m new to Kickstarter and this was my first pledge... Hope it works fine...

After a great deal of persuasion, natural charm and having had to resort to my amazing skills as a lover... whistle I convinced my wife to allow me to pledge 560$ for this beautifull game!

I have a few questions though...

1) I´ll be getting all that it says in the blue box (I want all things now), but I wonder how it works with the add-ons and the Stretch goals.

Do we get them also for the 500$ or do we have to pledge the diference?

I mean the optional items like: the kama coins, the plushie and meow. And also the stretch goals (extra figures) and the case....

2) I saw that some of the figures of the 32 from the expansions match the ones form the base game ( at least they have the same colours). Will I have repeated characters?

Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Stretch goals that have no price tag are already included as long as the total pledges reaches the amount needed for it to be included.

Anything that says 'Add-on' you need to add however much to your pledge that is stated along with the add-on.

So, if you want the metal Kama Coins, you need to add an additional $35 to your pledge to get them. Same thing with the plushies and the case. Anything that has a price has to be added-on to your pledge amount.

2. Some of the figures are some what the same, but all the abilities will be different. A couple threads down, there's a thread about it. But, you will not have any repeats. They might look similar, but they will all play differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reasoner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghool wrote:

2. Some of the figures are some what the same, but all the abilities will be different. A couple threads down, there's a thread about it. But, you will not have any repeats. They might look similar, but they will all play differently.

Half true. 6 of the characters in the base game are also included in the expansion packs. So you will have 6 duplicate characters. But you're able to play with up to two of each of them in a game, so it's no problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not know that. That's a good tidbit to know.
Which ones, specifically?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Massey
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In my understanding of the kickstarter, if you pledge at the 500 dollar level you will receive 42 unique characters. You can infer duplicates by looking at the 32 character pic. Two base characters were left out Queen of the tofus and King of the Gobolds. I imagine those two will not be duplicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reasoner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghool wrote:
I did not know that. That's a good tidbit to know.
Which ones, specifically?

Queen of the Tofus and King of the Gobballs are exclusive to the base game. The other 6 will be in expansion packs also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonçalo
Portugal
Oliveira do Hospital
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ereasoner wrote:
Ghool wrote:

Half true. 6 of the characters in the base game are also included in the expansion packs. So you will have 6 duplicate characters. But you're able to play with up to two of each of them in a game, so it's no problem.

So for the 500$ pledge I would get at this moment (since the project still has lots of days to go) a total of 46 miniatures (8 base + 4 promo + 32 from the expansions (on which 6 are duplicate)+ 2 from the Stretch goals...

Did I miss something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffry Welfare
Australia
Guildford
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cunha_neves wrote:
ereasoner wrote:
Ghool wrote:

So for the 500$ pledge I would get at this moment (since the project still has lots of days to go) a total of 46 miniatures (8 base + 4 promo + 32 from the expansions (on which 6 are duplicate)+ 2 from the Stretch goals...

Did I miss something?

Yes, you missed that the $500 level gets the stretch goals that are announced, but not yet reached (except the case) so that is another +2 from stretch goals.

So that is 32 from the expansions + 4 promos (Nox, Amelia, Yugo and Goultard) + 2 from reached stretch goals +2 from not yet reached goals +8 in the base set, which as you have noted has 6 repeats.

So that is 42 different figures +6 repeated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hargraves
United States
Danbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... and the case carries 48 total, the 42 different and 6 repeats.

Since the Kickstarter says that the $500 gets all the characters "to be released in expansions later this year", I have 2 questions:

1)Do I get them all at once, or do I get them shipped to me for free as they become released? I'm guessing the $500 is also giving me the characters before they are released to the rest of the public.

2)The "this year" implies that there will be more characters being developed for next year? Sounds good to me, but then I'll need another case.

I'm really hoping this game plays as great as it looks! From what I'm reading, the boardgame is well balanced (as long as you draft) and the online game is wildly unbalanced (which I have no interest in).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Nguyen
France
flag msg tools
A base game expansion is already planned, with a frigost (winter themed) double sided map and decors, and a Boss fig.

A whole other set will follow, with 32 figs, with the other classes from the MMORPGs (Dofus & Wakfu), characters from the anime (Quilby, Adamai, ...).

There will also be monster figurines, like the moon.

no dates given as for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reasoner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Brian,

1. You get all 32 figures being released in expansion packs this year. And all at once, yes.

2. More is coming, absolutely.

3. The game is that good. But I'm biased of course.

The online game is plagued by a problem I've seen in every other competitive card/mini game that doesn't have a large player base yet - too few innovators and too many copiers. Once a few more innovators enter the scene, things will be shaken up. Not to mention the online game is missing some key elements that smooth out the tabeltop version.

PLUS, no one is beholden to what is happening in the competitive arena. Everyone can enjoy the game on their own terms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Although Kazume Goddess was their first KS, you might want to review the comments and updates for the project, as well as their previous Lupin III project. OTOH, I know international shipping can be high, so the pledge might otherwise be worth it. Also, pledging definitely depends on how much you want the promos, which are otherwise available only through tournaments and such.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/370924922/kanzume-goddes...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gonçalo
Portugal
Oliveira do Hospital
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hummm....

Now you got me all worried!!

I wonder if we will get all 48 miniatures and the rest of the stuff in June as it says on the KS page...

In Portugal we have a saying that can be roughly translated to: "He who pays in advance is always poorly served"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.