Subject: Another Chaos card question.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
steve zhang
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If there is no legal position to place a newly drawn Chaos card right after replenishing City cards, I have to discard 4 cards from my deck, right?

The rule book is a little unclear on this. I know you can discard 4 cards if you draw a Chaos card when replenishing your hand, but I am not sure if you can do that when you are placing cards for the replenished City cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you read both rules leaflets? The second one clearly says:
Quote:
- If you draw a Chaos card, you must choose one of the following:
[...]
3. Discard this Chaos card, then reveal the first 4 cards in the Dream deck... blah blah blah

So the answer is: yes, you can discard 4 topmost cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve zhang
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BartP wrote:
Have you read both rules leaflets? The second one clearly says:
Quote:
- If you draw a Chaos card, you must choose one of the following:
[...]
3. Discard this Chaos card, then reveal the first 4 cards in the Dream deck... blah blah blah

So the answer is: yes, you can discard 4 topmost cards.

Yes, but that specific rule is under Replenish Your Hand section, so I was not sure if you could do that when you are replenishing City cards. Thank you for your reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you put new city cards into play after claiming city cards you have to draw two card for each new city brought into play. If one of the two is a Chaos card it goes to the side of the city the other card has been placed. If you draw two chaos cards for one city you may decide which side to place them but you have to place both on the samd side.
It's the same procedure as the initial setup.

Does this answer yout question?

It's one top of page 3, before replenish your hand. You cannot discard chaos cards in this step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well yeah, your initial question is kind of unclear, to be honest. When you lay down new City cards, you always draw new cards from the Dream pile in twos (as many pairs as new Cities showed up). And you DON'T resolve a Nightmare, just place it together withe other card you drew next to a given City.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve zhang
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lines42 wrote:
You cannot discard chaos cards in this step.

BartP wrote:
And you DON'T resolve a Nightmare, just place it together withe other card you drew next to a given City.

Yeah I know my question was a bit confusing coz I did not really know how to phrase it. These are the answers I was looking for because I was not sure if I can discard the 4 cards during this step. Thanks a lot guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.