Darksome S. Brute
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had a chance to play this twice, with 3 and 2 players (ages 6, 9 and 12). Lost the first game by 1 point (to my 9 year old), and the second by over 10 (to my 12 year old). Enjoyed both games.

It's a slightly more complex iteration of the Cerberus engine, with some new features and better thematic integration than DC Comics Deck-Building Game (which I also like very much).

The images are attractive enough and very apropos to the cards' themes, but can't live up to the stunning artwork of the DC game. Some of the choices are a hoot, though ("It comes in Pints?" and "Pipeweed" are two of my favorites).

But perhaps the biggest improvement over the DC game is the hero card section of the box insert. No more clawing at the cards to get them out; the finger grooves go all the way to the bottom!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Schrock
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the first thing I noticed about the box! The Hero card well isn't as deep as DC. Much easier to get your cards out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles vera
United States
el paso
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darksome wrote:
The images are attractive enough and very apropos to the cards' themes, but can't live up to the stunning artwork of the DC game. Some of the choices are a hoot, though ("It comes in Pints?" and "Pipeweed" are two of my favorites).

But perhaps the biggest improvement over the DC game is the hero card section of the box insert. No more clawing at the cards to get them out; the finger grooves go all the way to the bottom!

this so true!!! i really love the names on the cards. And the insert is better!! I love this game!! Cant wait till the two towers and the return of the king!laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do not say the insert is 'better'. One minor part if the insert is no longer terrible. The insert as a while still sucks big time. Thur had plenty of time to fix it after te backlash of DC and they only fixed a minor part of it.
We need larger slots and please open the useless 1/3 of the box. The game is a massive improvement over DC and the box is at best only slightly less annoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Shirey
United States
Simpsonville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunatly have to agree, I hate the box design, for those of us who sleeve there games, this box is a nightmare.Need more space and less wasted space in the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darksome S. Brute
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't sleeve so I actually like the box insert, especially now that the hero card problem is fixed. Makes the game even easier to set up and put away. At the moment no more space is needed. Eventually, when more sets come out one could just remove the insert and there should be plenty of space in the box for multiple sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.