Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A question for those who have more experience on this front that I do:

Is it a true assertion that the old pewter pieces from a Wizards of the Coast, red-box version would be easier to paint than the plastic robots from an Avalon Hill version?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsdougan wrote:
A question for those who have more experience on this front that I do:

Is it a true assertion that the old pewter pieces from a Wizards of the Coast, red-box version would be easier to paint than the plastic robots from an Avalon Hill version?

I would think both have the same 'ease of painting' provided the primer is designed for the material (metal vs plastic).

The metal ones seem more detailed. The plastic ones come with a grey wash/dip and they call them 'painted', but they're really not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've painted both. I do find the lead ones more detailed and easier to paint - also the new plastics are slightly soft - not enough to be unpaintable, but something to bare in mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, all. I was mostly checking to make certain that my source who had asserted old minis were easier to paint than new had it right before repeating it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.