Popular Tags: [View All]
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I need to be concerned about which version I get? What are the differences between the versions? And, if I get a "foreign" version, do I need to worry about cards not being in English?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Wilson
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't speak to the various differences that may exist, but I can say that the cards have no words on them, just numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Boone
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Reading your recent posts has been like dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.
mbmbmbmbmb
You asked the question before I could! I've decided to get this game but can't decide which version to get...

Category 5 has rules in English. Looks like flimsy packaging. Art on the cards is a little overproduced, but is clear and easy to read. $10 Cdn online.

6 Nimmt! has rules in German, but of course you can print out the English rules. Nice tin case. Art is clean, but a little chaotic and some people I've shown pictures to find it hard to read. $13 Cdn online.

I like the look of the 6 Nimmt! cards myself, but other people I've shown images to all prefer the look of Cat5.

How does the card size and quality compare? Are they equivalent, or is one of higher quality than the other, does anyone know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
well i have both version. you can definitely get german version w/o any language problem, it is a card game so all you need is english rules which you can get on bgg, so no problem there whatsoever. and it is so easy you play it once you know the rules, no need to read it over and over again while learning.

quality qise, of course tin can is better than paper box. and i do like the amigo tin can version much better too. in US cat 5 is 1/2 the price as 6nimmit, but i think for the box it is worth it. also i think the german version card quality is better too. it's softwer but still coated so it is easy to shuffle and lasting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kittyangel wrote:
...and i do like the amigo tin can version...

The expansion cards from Amigo are only compatible with the Amigo tin can version (just in case you want to get them too!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hudson
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only personally seen the English version called Category 5.
The cards are nice linen finish, but the tuck-box seems cheap.

If I had my druthers, I'd get the one that comes in a tin.

I like the card art on the Category 5 edition. The colors really help distinguish the different values at a glance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kelly
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the Amigo german version this summer in the Jubilee edition tin box. Card quality is very good and the box is luxurious! I found the rules here when I came back and really enjoy the game. Get the tin if you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Boone
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Reading your recent posts has been like dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.
mbmbmbmbmb
grinningpik wrote:
Get the tin if you can.

Done and done. Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.