Core Worlds» Forums » Rules

Subject: Deploy timing (Workbot and Supreme Brain) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Neff

Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about deployment of units and abilities of those units.

1. Since units are deployed sequentially, is it possible for a Workbot to be deployed, then be discarded and reduce the cost of the next unit in the sequence? Let's say this next unit was a Speedbot, could the net cost of the Speedbot then be reduced to 1 during this single turn?

2. Can cards like Supreme Brain cause you to draw more cards that can change what you deploy that turn? For instance, say I declare deployment, and deploy the Supreme Brain, drawing three cards, can I then deploy those cards, if they are units?

3. Lets say the cards drawn in the previous example included a tactic like Galactic Shipyard. May I play that tactic, to make a Capital Ship I had already planned on deploying cheaper? Or must all of the deployment be laid out in advance of the Supreme Brain or similar card taking effect?

Thank you, and love the game. Grabbed it and the expansion and have been introducing as many players as possible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Thomas
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bneffer wrote:
I have a question about deployment of units and abilities of those units.

1. Since units are deployed sequentially, is it possible for a Workbot to be deployed, then be discarded and reduce the cost of the next unit in the sequence? Let's say this next unit was a Speedbot, could the net cost of the Speedbot then be reduced to 1 during this single turn?

2. Can cards like Supreme Brain cause you to draw more cards that can change what you deploy that turn? For instance, say I declare deployment, and deploy the Supreme Brain, drawing three cards, can I then deploy those cards, if they are units?

3. Lets say the cards drawn in the previous example included a tactic like Galactic Shipyard. May I play that tactic, to make a Capital Ship I had already planned on deploying cheaper? Or must all of the deployment be laid out in advance of the Supreme Brain or similar card taking effect?

Thank you, and love the game. Grabbed it and the expansion and have been introducing as many players as possible

I believe the answers to your questions are yes, yes and yes. Once a card has been deployed, its affects apply to all subsequently deployed cards. This is explicitly discussed in the rule book; importance of deploy order in the section about deploying units during the action phase.

Any cards in hand, including those drawn on your current deploy turn, are available for you to immediately deploy in any order as long as you have the actions and energy to pay for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
#1. the workbot would not count toward the speedbot ability if you discarded it for its ability because it is no longer in your warzone to trigger the speedbot's ability.

#2. Yes

#3. each card is deployed and resolved individually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.